Account Manager Applied Genomics
Seer Green, United Kingdom
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Seer Green, United Kingdom Status Regular Job ID JR-024377
We are looking for an Account Manager to sell products from our Diagnostics portfolio in a manner that positively reflects the company image. The account manager will achieve sales growth, market share gain, and erosion targets in assigned accounts of the North of UK (North of Nottingham) and Ireland.
These products are focused around supporting the Applied Genomic Product Lines.
Preference is for candidates with some experience selling in the Applied Genomics and Life Sciences sector.
- Actively scout for and be involved in Lead generation activities to identify new accounts and product opportunities.
- Develop and deliver product demonstrations on less complex instruments (where applicable).
- Be able to provide high level information about techniques and products with the continuous aim of optimizing sales success.
- Identify customer needs and trends and always present PerkinElmer product and support services to customers appropriately and effectively.
- Responsible for ensuring the territory prospect pipeline is populated with a balance of short, mid and long term prospects sufficient for the continuous attainment of territory half year targets
- Actively sell the increased value of PerkinElmer products and services and always negotiate the best price thus minimizing price erosion.
- Maintain technical selling capability to function in a consultative role for the customer.
Develop and own penetration plans in his / her Accounts.
- Maintain an effective time and territory management plan; Always able to professionally present on the current status of the territory, account planning and its business growth potentials.
- Maintain accurate customer and prospect information utilizing approved information and database tools and technologies (salesforce.com). Provide and maintain account mapping on all accounts considered key to PerkinElmer success.
Cultivate partnerships with customers and other suppliers to solve customer problems.
- Own the customer experience in his/her accounts to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate solving customer problems by assuring cross functional coordination.
- Build a long term strong relationship with the Accounts to brickwall against competitive threats.
- Participation in tradeshow/exhibitions
Qualifications, Experience and Skills required:
- University degree within molecular biology / biochemistry or biology is required.
- Previous Life Science sales experience is preferred
- Self-starter with a high degree of independence.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and good problem solving abilities.
- Marketing acumen and be able operate effectively in a matrix business environment.
- Willingness to travel is essential (50%+).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform in a complex matrix organizational structure being able to effectively influence across functional boundaries.
- Professional and Ethical with high Integrity.
- Proactive mindset with strong sense of responsibility and ownership. He/she is results oriented and able to operate effectively in a multicultural global workplace.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems. Capable of influence and motivating others.
- Capable to operate independently and as part of a team
- Team orientated and highly communicative.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams