Latin America Sales Manager
São Paulo, Brazil
We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants. PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, proven and experienced sales professional to expand our growth in the life science arena. If you are entrepreneurial and enjoy selling capital equipment by employing a consultative sales approach utilizing various organizational assets with the ability to understand scientific application and supporting technology than this is a great opportunity for you.
What makes a successful ‘sales specialist’ at PerkinElmer?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener 10
- Strategic 10
- Problem-solver 9
- Mediator 8
- Results-driven 7
- Quick-thinking 6
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Skilled presenter
It Starts with a Mission
Our quest to improve life goes back to our earliest innovators, but the challenges we face today have never been greater.
At PerkinElmer our mission is to innovate for a healthier world, and it starts with our exceptional employees.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
- São Paulo, São Paulo, São Paulo
Latin America Sales Manager
We are looking for a sales leader with passion, drive, and a competitive spirit to grow PerkinElmer’s food business in Latin America. This will be accomplished through business and channel development, and effectively selecting, developing and deploying sales talent to maximize performance. We have a strong Food Business portfolio, and we are looking to drive the expansion of our products in Latin America.
What We Provide
PerkinElmer provides our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
The ideal candidate will manage a sales team, including travel throughout the region, to ensure we are serving our current customer base, and bringing significant growth. We are asking that the individual be highly motivated, have a team mentality for achievement, and have a willingness to learn new methods and technology. Ideally the candidate will have laboratory and/or process experience, at least three years of sales experience, a degree in science or like studies, and the motivation to succeed. Experience in NIR bench and process instruments a plus. Rheology experience including falling number, dough and flour analysis, along with basic chemistry knowledge will be considered highly desirable.
- Business Development. Manage and drive profitable business growth for Latin America. Develop an annual regional business plan that supports the overall Food Organization business goals. Work with service partners to integrate product and service initiatives to meet customer needs. Work effectively with marketing on the execution of customer-focused communication programs and new product development
- People Leadership. Establishes clear directions with team, distributes workload appropriately; monitors process, progress, and results appropriately. Models and communicates and coaches others on PerkinElmer values, behaviors, and work practices; is someone that people like working with that leads to productive sales team. Is an exceptional judge of talent and has a solid track record in identifying, selecting and developing people; hires the best people available from inside and outside; is not afraid of selecting strong people; assembles a talented and diverse team.
- Team Sales Revenue: Grow and develop the business in accordance with strategic business goals by achieving team sales goals within the assigned territory.
- Team Sales Forecast: Managing team forecast using Salesforce.com ensuring your team is hitting the forecast.
- Ideal location for home office is Brazil or Argentina. Willingness for up to 50% overnight travel
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline, with an advanced degree a plus
- 5+ years sales experience in the food safety testing industry or other technical industry, with proven ability to carry and deliver a sales quota of a minimum of $2M, preferably over $4M. People management experience a plus.
- Proven ability to operate in a low structure environment, self-starter, energetic, motivated to win, autonomous and dynamic.
- Proven ability to lead and coordinate with others in a “team-selling” environment.
- Must speak English and either Spanish or Portuguese, and ability to communicate in both is a plus.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams