Field Application Specialist - Drug Discovery and Screening Systems
San Jose, California | Portland, Oregon | Sacramento, California | San Francisco, California | Seattle, Washington
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) San Jose, California, Portland, Oregon, Sacramento, California, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington Status Regular Job ID JR-019230
We are looking for someone with drive, passion, and a competitive spirit to help maximize PerkinElmer’s commercial success. This Field Applications Scientist role will specialize in sales and support of the Drug Discovery Reagents and Multilabel Detection platforms. Specific emphasis will focus on: assay consultation, focused seminars, reagent and instrument evaluations, customer training, and follow-up support. Our ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of the Drug Discovery market. We are looking for a team player, with customer relationship building skills, who is hard working, smart, and loves to win.
What We Provide
PerkinElmer provides our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer we make a difference every day – helping scientists, clinicians and government agencies detect more quickly and more accurately the means to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
PerkinElmer’s Detection team services the Pharmaceutical, Academic, Government, Biotechnology, and CRO end markets. Solutions include Alpha, LANCE, and DELFIA drug discovery reagents; Multimode Plate Readers; Microplates; Lites Luciferase reagents; and Western Lightning Western Blot consumables. The Field Applications Scientist team works closely with an integrated sales team, helping to optimize the research scope and vision for our customers.
- Support the Drug Discovery Reagents and Multilabel Detection products in selected areas of the Western US. The territory includes Northern CA, Northern NV, OR, WA, ID, AK, HI.
- Execute demonstrations of PerkinElmer’s drug discovery products in support of pre-sales activity including seminar talks, talks at local conferences, poster sessions, and consultative discussions with key customers
- Support customer adoption of PerkinElmer technologies (Alpha, LANCE, DELFIA and Multilabel Detection instruments) by providing demonstrations and application development
- Assist sales team in closing large and influential opportunities
- Work at a scientific level with customers to maximize their experimental quality and robustness
- Provide product training to the field sales team as new features/functionality become available for designated products and domain specialties
- Coordinate with Product Management to identify, communicate, and incorporate new product enhancements to ensure we deliver competitive solutions that are differentiated through value as perceived by our customers
- Characterize the external market by performing competitive assessments for the region and scientific domain
- Present a professional image at all times to customers, clients and other vendors.
- BS in the life sciences
- 5+ years in a laboratory setting performing drug discovery research, HTS, immunoassays and assay development
- Prior industry experience is preferred
- Experience with PerkinElmer reagents and instrumentation is preferred
- Strong teaching skills, clear communication ability, capacity to effectively provide consultation, and proven ability and willingness to present in front of large groups are all required
- Passion to stay current with new technologies and applications in the life science market is essential
- Northern CA is an ideal home office location for this position; other locations within the territory would be considered
- Willingness for up to 50% overnight travel
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams