Sr. Field Application Scientist, Chromatography
San Francisco, California, San Jose, California, Waltham, Massachusetts
We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants. PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, proven and experienced sales professional to expand our growth in the life science arena. If you are entrepreneurial and enjoy selling capital equipment by employing a consultative sales approach utilizing various organizational assets with the ability to understand scientific application and supporting technology than this is a great opportunity for you.
What makes a successful ‘sales specialist’ at PerkinElmer?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener 10
- Strategic 10
- Problem-solver 9
- Mediator 8
- Results-driven 7
- Quick-thinking 6
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Skilled presenter
It Starts with a Mission
Our quest to improve life goes back to our earliest innovators, but the challenges we face today have never been greater.
At PerkinElmer our mission is to innovate for a healthier world, and it starts with our exceptional employees.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
- San Francisco, CA
- San Jose, CA
- Waltham, MA
Field Application Scientist, Chromatography, LC, LC/MS/MS
We are looking for someone with drive, passion, and a competitive spirit to help maximize PerkinElmer's commercial success. This role will specialize in the use of our Chromatography portfolio in chemical, food safety, cannabis, environmental, pharmaceutical and industrial applications with an emphasis on cannabis applications. This role provides sales support for our LC and LC MS/MS products to include applications development, training and presales activities.
The Discovery and Analytical Solutions group services the Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, Food and Beverage, including Cannabis, Chemical, Agriculture, and Government markets. The Field Application Scientists works closely with the sales team to optimize the research scope and vision for our customers.
- Execute technical product demonstrations/presentations to individual prospects and seminar audiences in support of pre-sales activity, including workshops and RFI/RFP support for product area.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the areas of LC, LC/MSMS analysis to support customers in understanding how to maximize their use of our software applications
- Collaborate with all Field Team members to develop and deploy world-class systems and tools and provide front-line support to sales as the Field application Scientist
- Provide and deliver product training to field (marketing & sales) as new features/functionality are available for designated product and domain specialty
- Coordinate with Product Management to identify, communicate, and incorporate new product enhancements
- Coordinate and communicate with Service teams to ensure we deliver competitive solutions that are differentiated through value as perceived by our customers
- Characterize the external market by performing pipeline analysis and competitive assessments for region
- Coordinate with Field Marketing organization to develop and participate in marketing campaign design, and execution as needed
- Present a professional image at all times to customers, clients and other vendors.
- MS, PhD and/or BS in a scientific discipline or equivalent with 5 plus years in the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry field.
- Experience and working knowledge of UPLC/ UHPLC, HPLC, and LC/MSMS including sample preparation requirements.
- Current or previous scientific expertise and experience with a customer focus and excellent communication skills
- Willingness for as much as 50% overnight travel.
- Candidates residing in California preferred
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams