Service Delivery Manager-San Francisco
San Francisco, California
ResponsibilitiesLocation San Francisco, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-018370
Manages the day to day execution of Site Level support service programs to meet customer objectives. Drives teamwork, communication, and efficiency through the Customer Service Engineers, Lab Ambassadors, and Work Flow Specialists to meet day to day objectives. Manage the daily balance of emergency service, preventative service, and normal daily schedule changes. Also provides partnership support with OEM vendor service programs. Conduct monthly review meetings to review outstanding items.
Accountable to the Area Manager and General Manager, the Site Leader ensures the delivery of best-in-class customer support (service, preventive maintenance, laboratory services, and parts inventories) through effective resource planning and deployment and team and business development of the on-site team. Act as a primary point of contact for all local site issues. Responsible for managing on-site service resources within this assigned group to achieve established revenue and profitability goals and the customer SLA’s. Interface with the Area Manager and/or General Manager on a frequent basis to review operational performance, customer satisfaction status, staffing optimization and business expansion opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage on-site service team to provide maintenance and support of in-scope equipment to insure best-in-class service within established time frame in the assigned OneSource account
- Facilitate and approve purchase orders for in scope assets, approve purchase orders for repairs and yearly preventative maintenance
- Responsible for managing on-site service resources to achieve customer service level agreements
- Communicate with customer facility manager on day to day operations
- Perform on-site lab walks to establish and maintain client relationships
- Lead monthly metric meetings with management team where issues and path forward are discussed
- Mentor and train staff at client location regarding best in class customer support, follow up communication and specific product line skills to drive growth and customer satisfaction
- Work with Area Manager and/or General Manager to ensure on-site team is efficiently deployed and has proper training with cross training opportunities defined
- Ensure adequate planning and coordination of coverage to meet customer needs and achieve established operational metrics
- Ensure customer needs are met and high-quality service and is delivered throughout multiple workstreams
- Interpret SOW and associated agreements and ensure that resources are deployed consistently with defined objectives
- Act as liaison between on-site staff and support to escalate critical issues
- Collaborate with Area Manager and/or General Manager to drive talent development, overall business performance, and succession planning
- Take an active role in developing on-site resources through mentoring and/or training activities
- Accountable for all assigned staff administrative duties; including on-boarding, work hour documentation/approval, expense report approval, time-off, etc.
- Address disciplinary and/or performance problems when necessary in accordance with company policy
- Actively participate in compiling monthly and quarterly reports per the KPI/SLA requirements
- Focuses on improving and implementing best practices related to GMP and GLP procedures
- Work with on-site and back office teams to obtain data, interpret, format and present to the customer
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Electronics related discipline.
- 2 or more years of relevant experience with analytical laboratories and/or service delivery
- Prior supervisory experience desired
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accurate data
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices
- Demonstrated ability to provide customer communication via telephone and email
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in use of SAP systems and MS Office Suite, with advanced Excel skills.
- Prior experience and proficiency in use of SAP and/or Maximo systems desired
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."