Scientist II/III - Cell Analysis
San Diego, California
ResponsibilitiesLocation San Diego, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-031152
BioLegend, Inc. (a PerkinElmer Company) develops world-class, cutting-edge antibodies and reagents for biomedical research, manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility in San Diego, CA. Our mission is to accelerate research and discovery by providing the highest quality products at an outstanding value, along with superior customer service and technical support. Our product expertise covers a diverse set of research areas including Immunology, Neuroscience, Cancer, Stem cells, and Cell Biology.
In 2021, PerkinElmer, Inc. (NYSE: PKI) a global leader committed to innovating for a healthier world, acquired BioLegend. The acquisition, the largest in PerkinElmer’s history, further expands the Company’s life science franchise into high-growth areas such as cytometry, proteogenomics, multiplex assays, recombinant proteins, magnetic cell separation and bioprocessing.
BioLegend is seeking a talented Scientist level II or III to join our Cell Analysis Product Development team. The candidate will have a PhD in immunology, oncology, or cell biology and will be responsible for the development and evaluation of new reagents, such as antibodies, chemical probes or other materials for flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry or cell separation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design and execute immunological assays, such as flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, cell separation in order to develop new reagents.
- Expertise in flow cytometry (intracellular and surface staining), immunohistochemistry and cell culture.
- Proactively manage and track active projects with potential deliverables to multiple business functions
- Analyze and interpret data to provide feedback to associates or other team members
- Maintain clear and accurate documentation by following company guideline and ISO requirements.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- PhD in life sciences (immunology, oncology, or related areas)
- Expertise in Flow Cytometry and immunohistochemistry.
- Proven effectiveness when working as part of a team.
- Highly motivated and self-driven with ability to multitask in fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Postdoctoral training is preferred
- Industry experience is preferred
- Proven research and publication track records
- Leadership and management experiences
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”