Scientist - Diagnostics Product Development
San Diego, California
ResponsibilitiesLocation San Diego, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-029250
BioLegend, Inc. (a PerkinElmer Company) develops world-class, cutting-edge antibodies and reagents for biomedical research, manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility in San Diego, CA. Our mission is to accelerate research and discovery by providing the highest quality products at an outstanding value, along with superior customer service and technical support. Our product expertise covers a diverse set of research areas including Immunology, Neuroscience, Cancer, Stem cells, and Cell Biology.
In 2021, PerkinElmer, Inc. (NYSE: PKI) a global leader committed to innovating for a healthier world, acquired BioLegend. The acquisition, the largest in PerkinElmer’s history, further expands the Company’s life science franchise into high-growth areas such as cytometry, proteogenomics, multiplex assays, recombinant proteins, magnetic cell separation and bioprocessing.
BioLegend is seeking a highly motivated Product Development Scientist to join our Diagnostic Product Development Team. This position will actively participate in the development of flow cytometry reagents for diagnostic use. The responsibilities include: design and perform experiments, analyze and report results, troubleshoot, manage and maintain documentation. In addition, this position will be responsible to manage projects, communicate with other departments, and provide guidance to junior team members.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drive the development of flow cytometry reagents for diagnostic use
- Mange project progress and communicate with other departments.
- Prepare and handle biological samples (human blood, animal tissues, and mammalian cell lines)
- Perform Flow Cytometry experiments, Cell Biology experiments, and/or other experiments, as projects require
- Analyze results and maintain clear and accurate documentations following ISO requirements
- Provide guidance to junior team members
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Ph.D. in a Life Sciences-related field
- Strong flow cytometric (surface and intracellular) staining and data analysis skill
- independent project management experiences
- Highly organized with attention to detail in documentation
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."