Research Associate/Scientist - Cell Analysis & Flow Cytometry
San Diego, California
ResponsibilitiesLocation San Diego, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-027849
BioLegend has multiple immediate openings for Research Associate, Associate Scientist, or Scientist levels to be commensurate to experience. The incumbent will join a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team; actively participate in all stages of the development, optimization, and validation of new products for research in immunology, cell biology, cancer, neuroscience, etc. The incumbent will also have the opportunity to participate the development and maintenance of TotalSeq and Flex-T products. The successful candidate must be a self-motivated team player, be able to communicate effectively with a multi-disciplinary team, and possess excellent organization skills.
Bachelor, Master, or PhD degrees will all be considered. A minimum of one-year biological/biomedical lab experience is required. The work requires routinely handling small animals and biological samples from animals and human donors. Prior experience in tissue culture, flow cytometry, immunoassays (eg ELISA, Immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry, Western Blotting), molecular biology techniques, data analysis, and project management are preferred.
- Handle biological specimens from human and small animals; prepare and maintain cell cultures
- Perform and analyze flow cytometry experiments
- Perform other immunological and biochemical assays, such as ELISA, Immunofluorescence/immunohistochemistry staining, Western Blotting, etc
- Perform molecular biology experiments, such as nuclear acid isolation, PCR, cloning, transfection, etc
- Independently analyze data (including using FlowJo and/or FCS express for flow cytometry data) prepare reports, present to internal and external teams
- Under supervision, research, design, and execute experiments according to project requirements
- Maintain clear and accurate documentations following company policies and ISO requirements
- Plan and track multiple projects simultaneously; pro-actively complete assigned tasks
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor, Master, or PhD degree in Life Science related fields, levels to be commensurate to experience
- Minimum of one year of hands-on experience in biological or biomedical laboratory work in an industry setting; Level will be commensurate to experience
- Basic understanding of working in a BSL-2 level laboratory; Familiarity with basic lab equipment and knowledge of lab safety protocols
- Proficiency with aseptic technique and tissue culture
- Highly organized, attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Previous course work and lab experience in immunology
- Hands-on experience in flow cytometry and data analysis
- Experience with handling mice and/or rats in a laboratory environment
- Experience with handling human samples
- Experience with project management
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”