Research Associate I -Diagnostics
San Diego, California
ResponsibilitiesLocation San Diego, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-029782
BioLegend is seeking a highly motivated Product Development Research Associate to join our Diagnostic Product Development Team. This position will actively participate in the development of flow cytometry reagents for diagnostic use. The responsibilities include: perform experiments, analyze and report results, troubleshoot, manage and maintain documentation.
After three months in this role, you should be able to work independently to perform flow cytometry experiments, analyze data and document report.
- Prepare and handle biological samples (human blood, animal tissues, and mammalian cell lines)
- Perform Flow Cytometry experiments, Cell Biology experiments, and/or other experiments, as projects require
- Analyze results and maintain clear and accurate documentations following ISO requirements
- Monitor project progress
- Maintain facilities, lab equipment, and supplies as needed
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a Life Sciences-related field
- At least 1 years of working experience in research laboratory or industry.
- Familiarity with basic lab equipment and knowledge of lab safety protocols
- Hands-on experience with cell culture
- Highly organized with attention to detail in documentation
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Hands-on experience in multi-color flow cytometry and data analysis
- Previous experience in diagnostic product development, preferably in a GMP environment
- Basic understanding of immunology, hematology, and oncology
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022
Work Environment & Physical Demands (Office/Lab)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting. Occasional exposure to a laboratory and warehouse environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”