San Diego, California
ResponsibilitiesLocation San Diego, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-031976
The primary responsibility of the network administrator role, is to create and maintain efficient, reliable, and secure network services for BioLegend's worldwide infrastructure. You will manage all activities associated with internet and intranet network services, both wired and wireless, as well as the underlying hardware and software supporting the network infrastructure. Your role will also include the planning, designing, and implementing of network infrastructure solutions in order to meet any future organizational needs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains routers, switches, access points, and other network hardware components.
- Maintains local and remote site wired, wireless, Internet and Intranet networks, and ensures the highest levels of security and stability are maintained to protect BioLegend's assets.
- Assures audit compliance and procedure quality control through internal and external reviews; proposes and initiates corrective actions; ensures that system resources are in compliance with established policies, procedures, and state and federal regulations.
- Ensures technical issues are properly reported and resolved within established quality service level guidelines using case logging systems. Responds to customer inquiries and takes appropriate action to resolve or route the issue to the appropriate department or person, and exhibits the necessary follow through with customers, vendors, and/or staff involved.
- Adds, changes, or deletes users and devices on BioLegend networks. Ensures all necessary documentation is obtained and proper authorization is granted for user additions, changes, and deletions.
- Conducts daily analyses of various reports and documentation of system changes.
- Conducts evaluations of hardware, software, and telecommunication equipment products of vendors; recommends purchases consistent with BioLegend's short and long term objectives.
- Serves as member of BioLegend's incident response team and provides subject matter expertise during a technology emergency or breach of confidentiality.
- Establishes and maintains accurate and current information technology policies, procedures, and related documentation, such as installation settings, specifications, diagrams, etc.
- Provides support for remote BioLegend sites, as required.
- Supports all areas of the department when assistance is required.
- Takes responsibility for all network-related projects.
- Collects data and prepares reports for management, audits, and other personnel.
- Assesses daily, weekly, and monthly reports and proactively resolves any issues that may arise.
- Performs duties related to various department functions in the absence of staff members or during overflow situations.
- Behaves ethically and with integrity; maintains organizational values; upholds ethical principles; respects people; keeps commitments; inspires trust.
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
- Self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact professionally and maintain positive working relationships.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Able to work independently in complex and ambiguous environments and situations.
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Ability to solve complex technical issues involving many dimensions and variables in situations lacking in standardization.
- Capacity and drive to work independently and find solutions to difficult problems without assistance.
- Fortinet, Palo Alto or Cisco CLI switch management.
- FortiNet Security Fabric.
- SD-WAN and OSPF routing.
- Site-to-Site IPsec VPN management and optimization.
- SIP (Session Initiation Protocol), QOS and Differentiated Services.
- Managing and optimizing wireless networks.
- Internet Protocol version 6 and IPv4-IPv6 migration experience.
- Public cloud (AWS or Azure) network design and management
- Public cloud (AWS or Azure) hybrid integration with on-premises environments.
- Network CIS Standards and Security.
- Sarbanes-Oxley and System and Organization Controls (SOC) Level 3 and CyberSecurity.
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Degree or certification in an IT specific discipline
- 5+ years of experience designing and administering networks
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."