Manufacturing Supervisor - Purification
San Diego, California
ResponsibilitiesLocation San Diego, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-031855
The Manufacturing Purification Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing Purification manufacturing department production operation, and ensure a smooth and efficient process in output and productivity to deliver products of maximum quality in a cost efficient manner.
The supervisor will also be responsible for monitoring work order to minimize back orders by communicating job expectations, planning and monitoring daily production activity, providing coaching and counseling to employee, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and safety.
The supervisor will work closely with their team leads and their employees to assure proper training is conducted and performance expectations are clearly communicated. The supervisor is responsible for make recommendation to recognize high potential employee and provide support to nourish high team morale and good work ethics.
This position will collaborate with other department leaders to initiative continuous improvement in providing highest quality products, superior customer service, and technical support.
As a key member of the manufacturing leadership team, the manufacturing supervisor is expected to foster and support an iACT and Safety 1st culture.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead team leads and associates in the Purification manufacturing to meet with Department SMART Goals
- Ensure Purification manufacturing employees adhere to all policies, SOPs and as well as environmental, health and safety requirements
- Monitor and report key performance indicators and metrics and take countermeasures when necessary to ensure continued accomplishment of shot and long term goals and objectives e.g. Flash Report, Daily +QDIP, Management +QDIP, and Monthly Report
- Monitor and take appropriate countermeasures related to on time delivery and backorders
- Expert understanding of IgG and IgM, polyclonal antibody protein structure and purification methods, antibody fragmentation, and antibody rework methods
- Extensive knowledge with troubleshooting issues in purification process
- Identify bottlenecks and setup new processes to increase productivity
- Provide ongoing leadership and make recommendation to manager
- Responsible for reviewing resume, interviewing candidate, and hiring process
- Create department and individual SMARTs goals for Purification team
- Responsible for employee annual, mid-year, 90 days performance reviews with 99% on time completion
- Create SOPs, WIs, Forms and other QA documents that efficiently and effectively control processes and meet our ISO and regulatory requirements, and ensures all personnel are trained to the appropriate new and existing procedures in a timely manner
- Continuously recommends and implements process improvements that support and align with our iACT strategy
- Manage the implement of 5S by monitor and reinforce 5s’s sustainability
- Collaborate with other leaders of other departments to achieve BioLegend’s goals and objectives and meet customer needs in a timely manner
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in Biology, Immunology, or related science field
- 5+ years of biotech industry experience related to antibody purification
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leading an antibody manufacturing team
- Ability to write SOPs and other quality related documents
- Working knowledge of equipment and processes used in cell and protein purification
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Understanding and working knowledge of cGMP and ISO13485 regulations as well as quality management systems
- Understanding of Kaizen, Lean and Six Sigma techniques
- Experience in leading teams and managing projects
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Experience with supervision and coaching in manufacturing setting
- Experience in managing processes and lead process improvement projects
- Experience in production planning and strategic planning
- Experience in automotive manufacturing
- Experience in the application of world-class manufacturing techniques including Kaizen, Lean and Six Sigma
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”