Laboratory Instrumentation EngineerApply Now
- San Diego, CA
Job Title: Laboratory Instrumentation Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
Type of Position: Fulltime
- The Lab Instrumentation Engineer position is responsible for performing lab instrumentation maintenance at our research and development facility.
- The Lab Instrumentation Engineer work under direction from the Lab Instrumentation Manager
- Perform initial diagnosis, troubleshooting, and repairs on lab instrumentation malfunctions.
- Communicate and troubleshoot lab instrumentation issues with end users and technical support personnel. Perform manufacturer recommended preventative maintenance on lab instrumentation according to SOPs, work instructions, or technical bulletins.
- Update preventative maintenance and certification schedules for instrumentation program.
- Update end users within the CMMS instrumentation service order system with service details and schedules.
- Update lab instrumentation database.
- Work as team with scientific departments, EHS, Facilities, and Lab Services to ensure efficient and effective lab operations.
- Assist in new instrumentation installation process from purchase approval through on-site operation.
- Assist in the lab instrument/asset decommissioning process.
- Update and reorder parts for on-site parts inventory program.
- Coordinate lab equipment relocation within the laboratories.
Technical and Communicative Skills:
- Familiarity and knowledge of a variety of lab equipment including; HPLC systems, liquid handling systems, lab automation, centrifuges, evaporation systems, chromatography equipment, mass spectrometers, NMR, plate readers, incubators, washers and dispensers, refrigerators, and freezers.
- Work with focus and attention to detail to ensure documentation of maintenance activities and record keeping is accurate and in accordance with our requirements.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple instrumentation service needs and timelines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to explain maintenance activities clearly and explicitly, both verbal and written to instrumentation end users.
- Possesses strong customer service acumen
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 3 Years of experience in biotech / pharmaceutical lab instrumentation maintenance.
- Background as a manufacturer trained technician highly beneficial.
- Associates degree and/or extensive experience preferred.
- Ability to lift or move up to 30 lbs., use a pallet jack or equipment lift as needed, work in laboratory, office or outdoor settings, sit or stand for extended periods, and possess dexterity for work with manual and/or automated tools and equipment.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams