Director of Content Development- Molecular & Cellular Biology
San Diego, California
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) San Diego, California Status Regular Job ID JR-031587
BioLegend develops world-class, cutting-edge antibodies and reagents for biomedical research, manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility in San Diego, CA. Our mission is to accelerate research and discovery by providing the highest quality products at an outstanding value, along with superior customer service and technical support. Our product expertise covers a diverse set of research areas including Immunology, Neuroscience, Cancer, Stem cells, and Cell Biology.
As the Director of Content Development in Molecular & Cellular Biology Department, you will be expected to effectively lead and manage the various R&D disciplines of Recombinant Protein and/or Antibody to successfully design, develop and manufacture innovative, high quality products and solutions for the Life Science Industry. You will be required to manage the administration responsibilities of budgeting, planning, resource management and vendor relations, ensuring projects stay within the budgeted expectations and delivery timescales. Provide leadership and oversight to the various projects across the R&D disciplines, ensuring proper resources are utilized and aligned for prioritized programs. You will work with Operations, Marketing, Sales and Financial teams on the product development from inception through manufacturing as product is released into the market place.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead the development of recombinant protein, antibody and ancillary reagents for research.
- Improve testing methods and implement new technologies · Conduct and direct lab procedures in compliance with ISO 13485:2016 guidelines and existing SOPs.
- Ensure timely completion of batch records and other required documentation. Provide technical expertise, establish new SOPs, review test results, and report data.
- Build a strong team by recruiting additional talent, monitoring the performance of existing team members, motivating the team, and identifying the talent for potential career advancement.
- Proactively identify and address potential problems and support the tech service team with troubleshooting of antibody related products.
- Serve as the lead point of contact to communicate with other departments for the cell biology product line.
- Other duties as assigned.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Immunology or other relevant disciplines.
- 10+ leadership experience with life science reagent, tool and service development and commercialization
- Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience 5+ years working experience with business operation including strategic planning, relevant marketing and sales experience.
- Proven experience and track record in developing and managing project on schedules, within budgets, measuring, reporting and achieving assigning metrics and managing department and project expenses, resource allocation and administration.
- Experience outsourcing and managing product development to contractors and solution suppliers in the global market place.
- Experience in relation to dealing with certification requirements.
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams