Bottling Technician - Formulation Group (2nd shift 3:00pm - 11:30pm)
San Diego, California
ResponsibilitiesLocation San Diego, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-027516
BioLegend develops world-class, cutting-edge antibodies and reagents for biomedical research, manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility in San Diego, CA. Our mission is to accelerate research and discovery by providing the highest quality products at an outstanding value, along with superior customer service and technical support. Our product expertise covers a diverse set of research areas including Immunology, Neuroscience, Cancer, Stem cells, and Cell Biology.
BioLegend is looking for a Bottling Process Technician for our Formulation Group. This role will be responsible for processing product formulations, filling, capping, labeling, and completing batch records, and putting away Finished Good Inventory (FGI). This is a highly team oriented group which involves working closely with other core teams within the Bottling Department as well as other departments such as Planning, Receiving, Inventory Control, Custom Solution Team (CST), Packaging and Quality Control groups.
This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a thriving and successful biotech company. This is a fast paced position offering the opportunity to collaborate as a team. Join us in Enabling Legendary Discovery
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in performing various bottling related tasks to include dispensing antibody solutions and capping and labeling of vials, tubes or bottles
- Formulate products per approved Standard Operating Procedures ( SOPs) and work instructions
- Verify formulation worksheets to ensure that information such as concentrations, lot numbers etc. are correct
- Put away finished goods products according to their designated temperature conditions
- Use computer programs such as Microsoft Excel
- Set-up and prepare equipment for ongoing operations
- Operate computer controlled process support/process equipment (i.e., filling line, lyophilizer, capping, labeling machine, etc.)
- Follow instructions for completion of job tasks
- Adhere to correct procedures, policies and health/safety guidelines
- Clean and maintain work area and all lab equipment and supplies
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications - Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED or some college.
- 6 months of relevant experience in a laboratory and/or biotech manufacturing and/or filling/bottling/packaging working environment
- Ability to pipette
- Ability to perform simple math calculations
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Some college level science courses or training
- Familiarity with SOPs
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired through previous position which involved responsibility for similar work
- 1 year of industry or lab experience
- Aseptic Technique in biosafety cabinet
- cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice) experience
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to grasp or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”