Biotechnician - Form/Fill/Finish
San Diego, California
ResponsibilitiesLocation San Diego, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-032792
The Biotechnician- Form/Fill/Finish will be an important member of our Finished Goods Inventory/Bulk Inventory team that supplies purified bulk antibodies for finished goods. This position will be responsible for performing all essential functions related to FGI antibody processing, including verifying specifications, reviewing available inventory, adjusting concentration, dispensing antibody solutions, capping and labeling of vials, tubes or bottles, performing buffer exchange and endotoxin assays if necessary. These materials will support customers in the areas of Immunology, Neuroscience, Cancer, Stem cells, and Cell Biology. This position will also interact with external groups including Planning, Customer Service, Marketing and Internal Sales. This is a great opportunity to enhance your knowledge in the biotechnology industry.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Finished goods formulations
- Reviewing available inventory
- Adjusting concentrations
- Performing buffer exchange
- Endotoxin assays
- Reading and following SOPs, batch records, and other GMP documentation
- Optimizing and analyzing lot histories
- Using ERP and other databases to obtain information to support bulk processing activities
- Assist in performing various bottling related tasks to include dispensing antibody solutions, capping and labeling of vials, tubes or bottles, and assembly of kits
- Adhere to correct procedures, policies and health/safety guidelines
- Clean and maintain work area, all lab equipment and supplies
- May perform data entry and production documentation completion tasks
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- >1 year of experience in a relevant biotech manufacturing industry
- >6 months of experience with automatic filling machines
- Demonstrated high levels of teamwork, quality, and productivity
- Experience in pipetting or dispensing liquid products
- Ability to perform simple math calculations
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED or some college.
- Experience with ERP and databases
- Aseptic Technique in biosafety cabinet
- Basic protein formulation experience
- GMP/QSR experience
- Analytical assays such as endotoxin
- Use of nanodrop or spectrophotometer
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."