Biochemist I - Custom Solutions PURE
San Diego, California
ResponsibilitiesLocation San Diego, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-035462
BioLegend, Inc. (a PerkinElmer Company) develops world-class, cutting-edge antibodies and reagents for biomedical research, manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility in San Diego, CA. Our mission is to accelerate research and discovery by providing the highest quality products at an outstanding value, along with superior customer service and technical support. Our product expertise covers a diverse set of research areas including Immunology, Neuroscience, Cancer, Stem cells, and Cell Biology.
In 2021, PerkinElmer, Inc. (NYSE: PKI) a global leader committed to innovating for a healthier world, acquired BioLegend. The acquisition, the largest in PerkinElmer’s history, further expands the Company’s life science franchise into high-growth areas such as cytometry, proteogenomics, multiplex assays, recombinant proteins, magnetic cell separation and bioprocessing.
BioLegend has an opening for a self-motivated individual with manufacturing experience in a fast moving and dynamic environment to join our Custom Solutions Team! The Biochemist I will be an integral member of a team, that manufactures and provides purified antibodies to enable studies for novel applications in precision medicine, oncology, immunology, neuroscience, and stem cell research.
This position will report to a team lead and will ensure the highest quality of our finalized antibody products. This is a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment for you to enhance your knowledge in the biotechnology industry! In this position you will manufacture custom purified antibodies under ISO13485 standards, troubleshoot problematic errors, continue to improve methodologies for efficiency, follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)s, and cross train on a variety of other supporting tasks.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Finished goods formulations
- Reviewing available inventory
- Adjusting concentrations
- Performing buffer exchange
- Endotoxin assays
- Reading and following SOPs, batch records, and other GMP documentation
- Optimizing and analyzing lot histories
- Using ERP and other databases to obtain information to support bulk processing activities
- Adhere to correct procedures, policies and health/safety guidelines
- Use of nanodrop or spectrophotometer
- Clean and maintain work area, all lab equipment and supplies
- May perform data entry and production documentation completion tasks
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or other related area, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant lab experience with analytical assays, working experience in manufacturing under ISO13485 compliance and detection methods in an industry setting or full-time academic environment.
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Familiarity with ERP/MRP databases to execute production orders
- Have an experience working in Aseptic Technique in biosafety cabinet, basic protein purification, GMP/QSR, analytical assays such as endotoxin
- Basic protein formulation experience
- Analytical assays such as endotoxin
- Experience in pipetting or dispensing liquid products
- Highly detail oriented with the ability to verify specifications, sales order information, and address any problems that may arise
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in San Diego, California is $26.44-$30.41/hour. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to: the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. BioLegend is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states
Work Environment & Physical Demands- Office, Lab
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting. Occasional exposure to a laboratory and warehouse environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."