Biochemist - Conjugation
San Diego, California
ResponsibilitiesLocation San Diego, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-030940
BioLegend develops world-class, cutting-edge antibodies and reagents for biomedical research, manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility in San Diego, CA. Our mission is to accelerate research and discovery by providing the highest quality products at an outstanding value, along with superior customer service and technical support. Our product expertise covers a diverse set of research areas including Immunology, Neuroscience, Cancer, Stem cells, and Cell Biology.
The Biochemist I will be an integral member of a team, that manufactures and provides conjugated antibodies to enable studies for novel applications in precision medicine, oncology, immunology, neuroscience, and stem cell research.
This position will report to a team lead and will ensure the highest quality of our finalized antibody products. This is a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment for you to enhance your knowledge in the biotechnology industry! In this position you will perform troubleshooting of problematic errors, continue to improve methodologies for efficiency, follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)s, and cross train on a variety of other supporting tasks.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow SOPs and batch records
- Execute conjugation and purification of conjugated antibodies
- Operates, maintains, and troubleshoots lab equipment
- Collaborative with other team member to ensure high level of productivity
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Able to accomplish goals under strict timelines
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or other related area, Biotech certification, or equivalent work experience in a production environment at least 2 years of working experience in related biotech product development or manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, organized and work well in groups setting
- Able to perform basic computer operations such as MS Office and Outlook and other computer-based software
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Biology/Chemistry or related area with less than 1 year of working experience in related biotech product development or manufacturing.
- Experienced in using UV Monitor
- Experienced in conjugated antibody
- Experienced in manufacturing under ISO/GMP environment
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”