Associate Scientist (or Senior Research Associate) - Flow Cytometry
San Diego, California
ResponsibilitiesLocation San Diego, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-027518
BioLegend develops world-class, cutting-edge antibodies and reagents for biomedical research, manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility in San Diego, CA. Our mission is to accelerate research and discovery by providing the highest quality products at an outstanding value, along with superior customer service and technical support. Our product expertise covers a diverse set of research areas including Immunology, Neuroscience, Cancer, Stem cells, and Cell Biology.
At BioLegend we develop novel, cutting edge products and offer custom services to help with scientific innovation and discovery. We are currently looking for a talented, detail oriented person to join our growing Product Development team. The potential candidate will assist with development of new products for cell analysis such multi-color panels, stimulation reagents and control cells. The successful candidate must be a self-motivated, team player, able to communicate effectively with a multi-disciplinary team and must possess excellent organization skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design, develop and execute assays for 10+ color flow cytometry and cellular function
- Independently analyze flow cytometry data using FlowJo and/or FCS express, prepare reports
- Participate in discussions with internal and external partners
- Ensure completion of entries into related databases as required per company policy
- Ability to plan and track multiple projects simultaneously and pro-actively complete assigned tasks
- Experience working with human samples as well as handling animals such as mice and rat is desired
- Experience with mammalian cell culture is desired
- Perform other duties as needed
- Promote a safe and compliant work environment
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree with 5 or more years’ experience or Masters with minimum 2 yrs experience
- Basic understanding of working in a BSL-2 level laboratory
- Experience with flow cytometry is required
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with >5 years of experience or Master’s Degree with 3 year of Flow cytometry experience
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”