Field Support Specialist
Sacramento, California | San Jose, California | Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Sacramento, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-034408
PerkinElmer’s purpose is to enable scientists, researchers, and clinicians to address their most critical challenges across science and healthcare. With a mission focused on innovating for a healthier world, we deliver unique solutions to serve the diagnostics, life sciences, food, and environmental markets. Every day, PerkinElmer Field Support Specialists help their customers enhance the productivity of their laboratory processes and drive high levels of satisfaction by providing expert service and support on a National Scale. As a Field Support Specialist, you will represent the pinnacle of technical expertise for a range of product lines within PerkinElmer’s portfolio.
PerkinElmer is seeking an individual to work as a Field Support Specialist with the function of providing support to customers for PerkinElmer’s NIPT product line. As a Field SupportSpecialist, you will act as a technical liaison between customers and PerkinElmer’s internal team to meet and maintain customer needs. As a post-sales function, the candidate will provide onsite and remote customer support, understand customer workflow, and provide support for complex instrumentation, as well as clinical results. The successful candidate will have an intricate understanding of the workflows common to the screening market as well as familiarity with common practices currently utilized in this field. This position will be primarily supporting two laboratories in the San Jose, CA area, one laboratory in Southern California, and will be on-site most days. With evenings and weekends on call.
- Support new and existing customers by performing equipment installation, repair, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and customer training.
- Perform data analysis and troubleshooting of applications for NIPT assay
- Provide training to customers on both automated liquid handling/imaging instrumentation and platform specific software
- Perform on-site Installation Qualifications, Operational Qualifications, and Application Qualification of systems
- Perform demonstrations to potential customers on both instrumentation and software
- Demonstrate independent and creative scientific thinking, ability in solving complex problems, and resilience to setbacks and changes.
- Actively contribute to technical root cause activities to identify and alleviate roadblocks internally and with customers
- Be the subject matter expert during customer facing activities.
- Provide and deliver product training to customers as new features/functionality are available for designated product
- Present a professional image at all times to customers, clients, and other vendors.
- Be a team player and put team objectives above personal ambitions.
- Ability to work independently and make intelligent decisions based on experience and knowledge
- Understand customer expectations and schedule work accordingly
- Apply in-depth Hamilton Venus 4 programming skills in developing method improvements and specific recommendations to RUO customers and internal R&D department.
- Travel to customer sites domestically and internationally for troubleshooting trips, remaining on-site until resolution is achieved. Provide key technical input and consultation to product management concerning voice-of-customer, market trends, and relevant applications for development of future product
- Act as a subject matter expert and influencer to the R&D organization during development of improved products
- 25% travel requirement primarily domestic. Occasional international travel for internal trainings, meetings, or escalation events.
- Passport for international travel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering or similar AND
- 7+ years of experience in a Laboratory setting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in fast pace environment, where change is a constant
- Ability to operate both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Must be able to express information in a succinct and organized manner that is appropriate for the intended audience.
- Self-motivated and energetic with a results-focused approach to achieving daily goals/activities.
- Aptitude to learn new systems and retain technical information.
- Proficient in English, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Self-planning, strong sense of ownership and interpersonal skills
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."