Implementation Specialist - NIPT
San Jose, California
ResponsibilitiesLocation San Jose, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-028392
Title: Implementation Specialist - NIPT
PerkinElmer’s purpose is to enable scientists, researchers, and clinicians to address their most critical challenges across science and healthcare. With a mission focused on innovating for a healthier world, we deliver unique solutions to serve the diagnostics, life sciences, food, and environmental markets. Every day, PerkinElmer Implementation Specialists help their customers enhance the productivity of their laboratory processes and drive high levels of satisfaction by providing expert service and support on a National Scale. As an Implementation Specialist, you will represent the pinnacle of technical expertise for a range of product lines within PerkinElmer’s portfolio.
PerkinElmer is seeking an individual to work as an Implementation Specialist with the function of providing support to customers for PerkinElmer’s NIPT product line. As an Implementation Specialist, you will act as a technical liaison between customers and PerkinElmer’s internal team to meet and maintain customer needs. As a post-sales function, the candidate will provide onsite and remote customer support, understand customer workflow, and provide support for complex instrumentation, as well as clinical results. The successful candidate will have an intricate understanding of the workflows common to the screening market as well as familiarity with common practices currently utilized in this field. This position will be primarily supporting one or two laboratories in the San Jose, CA area and will be on-site most days. A flexible work week, working Tuesday-Saturday or Wednesday-Sunday is possible, as well as on-call responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Provide training to customers on both automated liquid handling/imaging instrumentation and platform specific software
- Perform on-site Application Qualification of systems
- Perform troubleshooting of applications for NIPT assay as well as instrument service as needed
- Perform demonstrations to potential customers on both instrumentation and software
- Conduct post deployment support including but not limited to: SOP implementation, troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate independent and creative scientific thinking, ability in solving complex problems, and resilience to setbacks and changes.
- Actively contribute to technical root cause activities to identify and alleviate roadblocks internally and with customers
- Be the subject matter expert during customer facing activities.
- Provide and deliver product training to customers as new features/functionality are available for designated product
- Understand customers’ current and future needs and participate in the development strategy to address those needs.
- Provide key technical input and consultation to product management concerning voice-of-customer, market trends, and relevant applications for development of future products
- Drive execution of turn-key applications development for respective markets.
- Act as a subject matter expert and influencer to the R&D organization during development of improved products
- Collaborate with all Field Team members to develop and deploy world-class systems and tools, and provide front-line support to sales as a Product Specialist
- Present a professional image at all times to customers, clients, and other vendors.
- Be a team player and put team objectives above personal ambitions.
- Ability to work independently and make intelligent decisions based on experience and knowledge
- Understand customer expectations and schedule work accordingly
- 10% travel requirement primarily domestic. Infrequent international travel for internal trainings.
- Passport for international travel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering or similar.
- 8+ years of experience in a Laboratory setting
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Self-planning, strong sense of ownership and interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in fast pace environment, where change is a constant
- Ability to operate both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Must be able to express information in a succinct and organized manner that is appropriate for the intended audience.
- Self-motivated and energetic with a results-focused approach to achieving daily goals/activities.
- Aptitude to learn new systems and retain technical information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in English, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”