DevOps Manager Remote
Rome, Italy | Berlin, Germany | Brussels, Belgium | Groningen, Netherlands | London, United Kingdom | Paris, France | Upplands Vasby, Sweden
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Rome, Italy, Berlin, Germany, Brussels, Belgium, Groningen, Netherlands, London, United Kingdom, Paris, France, Upplands Vasby, Sweden Status Regular Job ID JR-017690
PerkinElmer is looking for a DevOps Manager who can be based anywhere in the EU, UK or Ireland (Remote/Home Office).
You may be required to visit our office in Turku, Finland once every quarter.
Do you have a strong background in DevOps and experience working in the Cloud, AWS or Azure? If Yes then we would love to hear from you!
The Turku Site, with 600 employees, represents one of PerkinElmer’s major manufacturing and product development sites for newborn and maternal fetal health screening. As the global market leader in newborn screening, our solutions have tested over 560 million babies worldwide for life-threatening diseases.
· Responsible for managing a talented software team to deliver complex, cloud-based software solutions for Reproductive Health business
· Advocate automation all steps of software construction, from development, integration, testing, releasing to deployment and infrastructure management
· Hire, mentor, lead and monitor DevOps teams in an Agile environment
· Responsible of creating effective development and deployment processes that comply to relevant regulation
· Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science
· Minimum of 3+ year of experience working in an Agile DevOps delivery environment
· 3+ years working in cloud using AWS and/or Azure
· Proven ability to succeed in an international cross-functional team environment
· Experience with common Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) tools such (as Github Actions, Jenkins, TeamCity, and/or GitLab)
· Knowledge of Cloud best practices, operations, and security
· Experience in setting up and running DevOps
· Excellent communication and written skills
· Experience on working microservice architecture
· Experience on working with container infrastructure (such as ECS, Kubernetes, Docker)
· Messaging technologies/protocols (such as MQTT, IoT, Kafka, RabbitMQ)
· Experience with performance tuning and benchmarking
· Experience administering Databases (such as Postgres, MariaDb, Mongo, MySQL, and/or MSSQL)
· Clinical, bioinformatics or health science experience
What we offer:
· Inspiring leadership and exceptional employees
· Dynamic and innovative culture
· Focus on career development
· Collaborative and diverse environment
PerkinElmer Turku Site is a drug free site and a medical examination for new employees includes a drug test.
Could this be your next step? For further information, please contact Business Manager Antti Mikkonen, tel. +358 2 2678 284, preferably on Thursday, December 17th, between 9-11 EET, Tuesday, January 5th, between 16 - 17 EET, or Monday, January 11th, between 14-16 EET.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and can see yourself as a part of our dedicated team of professionals, please apply via the link aboveas soon as possible, at the latest by March 15th. Join us today!
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams