Sales Leader AG & LST (m/f/d)
Rodgau, Germany, Germany, Switzerland
We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants. PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, proven and experienced sales professional to expand our growth in the life science arena. If you are entrepreneurial and enjoy selling capital equipment by employing a consultative sales approach utilizing various organizational assets with the ability to understand scientific application and supporting technology than this is a great opportunity for you.
What makes a successful ‘sales specialist’ at PerkinElmer?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener 10
- Strategic 10
- Problem-solver 9
- Mediator 8
- Results-driven 7
- Quick-thinking 6
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Skilled presenter
It Starts with a Mission
Our quest to improve life goes back to our earliest innovators, but the challenges we face today have never been greater.
At PerkinElmer our mission is to innovate for a healthier world, and it starts with our exceptional employees.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
- Rodgau, Hesse
PerkinElmer now offers an exciting career opportunity as
Sales Leader AG & LST (m/f/d)
Reports To: Regional Sales Leader DACHP
Accountable for delivering the sales targets and providing sales execution management within the Applied Genomics and Life Science business areas. Works with the Sales Leadership Team to develop the sales team towards ambitious revenue goals, driving growth, profitability and market share gains consistent with PerkinElmer’s AOP/business goals.
- Provide support to the strategy set by the GROWTH function, actively participating in generating ideas for value positioning
- Drives the Sales organization to provide innovative sales solutions, focusing on the value driven by breakthrough solutions with new Applications, Software and Services through the engagement of SME – Subject Matter Experts
- Focused on PerkinElmer market share gains in alignment with business goals and identified end-markets.
- Provides direction on direct / indirect sales channels.
- Ensures that the sales strategy supports margingrowth for further business investments.
- Owns the Sales Revenue Target Achievement and is accountable for the assigned annual operating plan (AOP)
- Accountable for the sales strategy and execution. Plans, develops and maintains the Sales organization and leadership, ensuring that all business lines are adequately focused on their sales execution plan, but at the same time network and share to generate internal synergies.
- Develops a sales business plan to deliver the sales AOP.
- Supports the development of the sales organization and clearly defines all the resource requirements.
- Identifies important market/product/customer opportunities for growth.
- Targets key customer relationships to develop.
- Drives improvements in customer experience.
- Leads Sales organizational efficiencies, focusing on business development activities, where to appropriately focus resource/time to maximize revenue growth and enhance margins across the PerkinElmer portfolio.
- Communicates and supports sales targets and metrics and provides constant feedback on sales results.
- Manages Union Agreements for Sales Plans where necessary.
- Provides guidance and approvals where business escalation is required.
- Ensures the adoption of corporate sales tools and methodologies. Develops Team growth tactics - market share, sales, orders, margin, customer satisfaction, accounts penetration plan.
- Promotes full cooperation between Account Managers, Field Application Specialists (FAS) and Service for a unique customer experience.
Forecasting and SFDC:
- Responsible for providing accurate forecast reports using SalesForce.com (SFDC).
- Ensures that sales team members and team leaders are providing timely forecasts and that all customer information and pipeline evolution in SFDC is updated according to PerkinElmer’s processes and timelines
- Analyzes SFDC Win, Lost and Abandoned opportunities and reports suggestions for continuous business analysis and improvement
- Provides monthly business review reports to the Regional Sales Leader
- Is a role-model for professional behaviors, focusing on continuous development and the achievement of bold corporate goals.
- Fosters active collaboration and positive communication between teams, challenging them to deliver constant value to internal and external customers.
- Drives people development in line with organizational design and business goals, focusing on excellence and "can-do" attitude.
- Enhances the talent culture, based on recognized competencies and tangible results. Drives effective succession plans providing relevant opportunities for development within the organization.
- Generates a solid professional network within the organization and with key customers at national and international level. Is highly recognized within the professional environment for their personal standing and professional competencies.
- Experience in Life Science / NGS market /Liquid handling is mandatory
- Experience in managing a sales team is mandatory
- Bachelor’s Degree or above, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master/PhD degree is a plus
- Professional and Ethical attitude, with high Integrity
- Possess excellent leadership skills, proactive mindset with strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- Strong global, multi-cultural leadership. Foster collaboration and teamwork in a complex, fast-paced, changing environment to deliver value-added results to the organization
- Prepare and manage a realistic growth AOP / budget
- Commercial acumen to help with market, product, customer strategy as well as selling skills in product line marketspace with relevant experience
- Effective knowledge of PKI products, services and end-market strategies as well as of selling tools (competitor’s and market knowledge are critical)
- Open to change and new information; adapt behavior and work methods in response to new information and changing conditions
Your advantages with us:
- Cooperative and diverse environment
- Individual programs for your personal & professional development as well as career opportunities
- A demanding, varied job in a globally successful technology company
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application( CV, cover letter, certificates) under https://jobs.perkinelmer.com , JR-010622
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
FDA Provides Emergency Use Authorization to PerkinElmer for COVID-19 Testing. Learn More
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams