Lab Computing Customer Support Engineer (m/f(d)
Germany | Germany
ResponsibilitiesLocation Rodgau, HesseDE Job ID JR-013670
Location: Penzberg, Germany
The OneSource Lab Computing IT Service Engineer provides scientific and laboratory services, including multivendor instrument, information technology and validation/compliance services. This role works seamlessly with and supports the other PerkinElmer practices and divisions within the lab computing environment.
- Implements, monitors and provides technical support of customer laboratory IT environments, typically integrated with instrumentation
- Implements customer specified benchtop computing design and processes
- Administers and assures connectivity of customer’s Windows based platform
- Manage On-boarding, retirement and relocation of equipment
- Implements Windows based security, including but not limited to: user / group permissions, file / folder permissions, group policies, local security policies, etc.
- Analyzes, identifies, and implements enhancements, upgrades and/or solutions to improve the overall support of the desktop platform in a timely manner
- Ensures adherence to client’s corporate policies through periodic reporting and compliance programs
- Provides technical Subject Matter Expertise for new system validations and change management efforts
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Life Science or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years of relevant technical experience including (but not limited to); Windows technologies, networking, remote computing and backup systems
- Experience with virtual machine support
- Experience with scientific instrumentation
- Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex instrument and technology issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed timeframes.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or customer’s site safety code.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."