Laboratory Solutions Specialist
Richmond, Virginia | Dover, Delaware | Harrisburg, Pennsylvania | Raleigh, North Carolina
ResponsibilitiesLocation Richmond, VirginiaUS Job ID JR-021723
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At EUROIMMUN a Diagnostic Division of PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
EUROIMMUN, a Division of PerkinElmer, as a leading manufacturer of medical laboratory diagnostics worldwide, stands for innovation. More than 3100 employees in 17 countries develop, produce, and sell test systems to support the diagnosis of diseases, as well as software and automation solutions for the performance and evaluation of these tests. Laboratories in over 150 countries use EUROIMMUN products for diagnosis of autoimmune, infectious diseases, allergies, and to perform genetic analyses. EUROIMMUN is a strong science based company that believes that high professional competence and continuing education are essential to our success. The EUROIMMUN Academy receives more than 1,000 customers from over 100 different countries for scientific trainings every year. EUROIMMUN is proud to have over 200 doctoral degrees employed and participating in customer relationships as well as new product development. EUROIMMUN was acquired in 2018 by PerkinElmer.
EUROIMMUN a Division of PerkinElmer is seeking a Laboratory Solutions Specialist who must be capable of achieving maximum product sales and profits in designated territory such as: Eastern PA, NC, VA, DE, Eastern NC, & MD
- Execute and maintain effective strategy to maximize product & instrument sales for designated sales territories.
- Understand client issues and opportunities that are unique to their geography and expertise.
- Establish and execute an efficient plan to provide customers and potential customers with on-site visits no less the once a month.
- Provide management with organized and proficient forecasts, competitive sales activity and other information as requested.
- Cooperate and strategize with corresponding territory sales reps to amplify business opportunities.
- Monitor and present sales area with a developed proactive plan to ensure continued growth for current and future customers.
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge base of products & instruments to provide customers with accurate and detailed sales presentations.
- Maintain accurate customer information records, using Salesforce CRM with current products and instruments used by our customers, and developing product requirements.
- Participate in continuing education seminars and refresher product & instrument training on a periodic basis.
- Understand complex selling situations and the role of diagnostic kits as well as instrumentation/automation within the lab.
- Presentation skills to PhD’s, Director’s, and corporate.
- Operate effectively with diverse professionals in a team environment.
- Maintain a legal driver’s license and good driving record.
- Attend periodic regional & national meetings and expos.
- Cover a multi-state territory with overnight travel
- BA/BS degree or equivalent military experience
- 2-5 years of medical sales or medical support instrumentation experience.
- Excellent communication, selling, and negotiating skills.
- Individual candidate should be self-starting and team-oriented.
- Honesty, reliability and open-minded behavior with great sales skills.
- Computer proficiency, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Zoom, Go To Meeting, and Salesforce.com or similar CRM reporting.
Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."