Associate Clinical Scientist - Richmond, CA
ResponsibilitiesLocation Richmond, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-020155
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer is seeking an Associate Clinical Scientist to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares specimens for analysis and organizes tests to be performed.
- Prepares and properly labels reagents required for laboratory testing
- Conducts analysis of dried blood spots or body fluid to determine presence of normal and abnormal components.
- Reviews test results, maintains legible work records, and enters findings into the laboratory information systems.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure
- Verifies proper instrument function by checking and calibrating lab instruments and documents data.
- Records on instrument log any repairs, replacement and maintenance [performed on laboratory instruments.
- Abides by laboratory safety policies and procedures.
- The list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be substituted as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in a physical science such as chemistry, biology, molecular biology or medical technology.
- 0-1 year clinical laboratory experience.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."