Lab Computing Analyst
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
ResponsibilitiesLocation Research Triangle Park, North CarolinaUS Job ID JR-015862
Job Title: Lab Computing Analyst
Location: RTP, NC
Type of Assignment: Full time
- The Lab Computing Analyst provides technical support for the multivendor instrument, information technology and validation/compliance services.
- This role works seamlessly with and supports the other PerkinElmer practices and divisions within the lab computing environment.
Core Job Duties:
- Implements, monitors and provides technical support of customer laboratory IT environments, typically integrated with instrumentation
- Work in a GxP environment performing user administration, validation, and reviews in QC and manufacturing areas
- Recommends customer specified benchtop computing design and processes in conjunction with vendor
- Administers and assures connectivity of customer’s systems
- Develops, documents, and conducts periodic inventories of client systems while sharing significant knowledge of the operating system, desktop hardware and peripherals, enterprise print strategy, management tools, application packaging, desktop tool development, software distribution, and core desktop applications
- Manage On-boarding, retirement and relocation of equipment
- Implements system-level security, including but not limited to: user / group permissions, file / folder permissions, group policies, local security policies, etc.
- Analyzes, identifies, and implements enhancements, upgrades and/or solutions to improve the overall support of the desktop platform in a timely manner
- Ensures adherence to client’s corporate policies through periodic reporting and compliance programs
- Acts as the technical support contact for field service engineers, repairing and troubleshooting client instrument and information technology issues
- Provides technical Subject Matter Expertise on Lab IT subjects
- Develops and works with Technical Lead to implement training plans for Services personnel
- Document procedures, policies, troubleshooting and best practices
- Create and maintain a physical inventory of lab equipment, PC’s, software and any other information pertinent to the environment
- Escalates IT issues that are not resolved via regularly identified support channels.
- Acts as an interface between client, business and corporate IT teams Participates in client team meetings
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Life Sciences
- 2+ years of relevant technical experience in Microsoft and other OS technologies, networking, remote access and backup systems
- Experience with scientific instrumentation
- Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests
- Ability to troubleshoot complex instrument and technology issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed timeframes.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or customer’s site safety code.
- Contributing to Team Success
- Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Facilitates goal accomplishment—Makes procedural or process suggestions for achieving team goals or performing team functions; provides necessary resources or helps to remove obstacles to help the team accomplish its goals.
- Involves others—Listens to and fully involves others in team decisions and actions; values and uses individual differences and talents.
- Informs others on team—Shares important or relevant information with the team.
- Models commitment—Adheres to the team’s expectations and guidelines; fulfills team responsibilities; demonstrates personal commitment to the team; completes all company and client required trainings in a timely manner
- Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Seeks to understand customer—Actively seeks information to understand customer circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs.
- Identifies customer service issues—Identifies breakdowns in internal processes and systems that directly impact customer service and retention; expresses concerns to others.
- Creates customer-focused practices—Uses understanding of customer needs to institute systems, processes, and procedures to ensure customer satisfaction and to prevent service issues from occurring; promotes customer service as a value.
- Assures customer satisfaction—Makes sure that customer solutions, practices, and procedures are carried out and achieve their objectives.
Managing Work/Time Management
- Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Prioritizes—Identifies more critical and less critical activities and tasks; adjusts priorities when appropriate.
- Makes preparations—Ensures that required equipment and/or materials are in appropriate locations so that own and others’ work can be done effectively.
- Schedules—Effectively allocates own time to complete work; coordinates own and others’ schedules to avoid conflicts.
- Leverages resources—Takes advantage of available resources (individuals, processes, departments, and tools) to complete work efficiently.
- Stays focused—Uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."