Rensselaer, New York
ResponsibilitiesLocation Rensselaer, New YorkUS Job ID JR-024145
Job title: System Admin
Location: Rensselaer, NY
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The ITOT Computer systems administrator is responsible for providing end-to-end support of in-lab and in process area computers. Candidate must be an outgoing individual and who is experience in various lab environments.
- Build and maintain a working relationship with Lab Owners, IT Teams and Management.
- Update the Regulatory Asset Management systems inventory of lab equipment, PC’s, software, and any other information pertinent to the environment
- Maintain daily project related communications with team
- Act as technical SME
- Audit response
- Lab Administration
- PER requests
- Data backup configuration
- Software: training and advanced end user
- Data integrity assessments
- Repair systems
- Troubleshoot technical computer issues
- SOP editing and updating
- Implement continuous improvement
- Write change control requests and test plans
- Professionalism, excellent listening skills, superior analytical skills, great verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to manage one’s time with minimal supervision to achieve objectives
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience with servers and laboratory or manufacturing computers
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Some scripting or programming.
- 2 years’ experience in lab environment
- Understanding of lab practices, instruments, and software
- Demonstrated Leadership abilities and be achievement oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be customer service orientated and believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability, and initiative.
- Problem solving skills to resolve issues
- Physical Requirements & Expectations:
- Available to work onsite as needed based on project requirements
- Able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”