Rensselaer, New York | , Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Rensselaer, New YorkUS Job ID JR-028251
Job Title: Windows System Admin
Location: Rensselaer, NY
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 16,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
- Implements, monitors, and provides technical support of customer laboratory IT environments, typically integrated with instrumentation
- Implements customer specified benchtop computing design and processes
- Administers and assures connectivity of customer’s Windows based platform
- Conduct and maintain inventories of client systems
- Support of the operating system, desktop hardware and peripherals, instrument-controlled software, core desktop applications and imagining of computers
- Manage On-boarding, retirement and relocation of equipment
- Implements Windows based security, including but not limited to: user / group permissions, file / folder permissions, group policies, local security policies, etc.
- Analyzes, identifies, and implements enhancements, upgrades and/or solutions to improve the overall support of the desktop platform in a timely manner
- Ensures adherence to client’s corporate policies through periodic reporting and compliance programs
- Acts as the technical support contact for instrument vendor
- Repairing and troubleshooting instrument related computers and escalating issues to the client infrastructure teams
- Provides technical support for new system validations and change management efforts
- Create and maintain a physical inventory of lab equipment, PC’s, software and any other information specified by the client
- Submit weekly Engineer reports to the team lead by COB on the last business day of the week
- Acts as client Liaison for software/hardware related inquiries
- Participate in client team meetings
- Provides support across all PerkinElmer Enterprise practices as required
- Act as the technical expert to handle escalations and be a mentor to junior team members Provide back up to team leads as required
- Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technology issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed timeframes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5 years experience in lab IT or regulated IT environment
- A proven self-motivational work ethic with the ability to work independently, manage time and schedule workload to meet deadlines and customer needs
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and able to follow written documentation for task execution
- Must be customer service orientated and believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability and Initiative
- Ability to multitask and support various groups of users
- Experience in a validated environment a plus. Experience working in GxP, ISO, and FDA compliant facilities a plus
Benefits to working for PerkinElmer:
Backed by an 80-year history rich in innovation, PerkinElmer is a long-time leader and pioneer in the scientific community. We hire talented, committed and driven people and strive to create a work environment that brings out the entrepreneur in all of us. Benefit packages include: Medical, Dental and Vision; Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health and Wellness Programs and Incentives; Employer Matching 401(k); Tuition Reimbursement; Professional Development; Maternity and Paternity Leave; Paid Holidays and Personal Time Off; Life and Disability Insurance; and Work/Life Balance.
Tags: Windows System Admin, Windows Admin.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”