IT Project Manager
Rensselaer, New York
ResponsibilitiesLocation Rensselaer, New YorkUS Job ID JR-024147
Job Title: IT Project Manager
Location: Rensselaer, NY
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
- To lead, manage and provide planning, reporting and execution direction in Various IT Lab and Manufacturing space projects, while contributing in process development, improvement, and implementation, as well as new business development support.
Core Job Duties:
- Manage and drive, with the customer Core Team, the strategy, quality, objectives, planning, and implementation of the projects including definition of the technical requirements.
- Oversee customer PC and software inventories.
- Manage and oversee timelines related to various projects in the IT Lab Systems and Manufacturing IT space.
- Work closely with PE IT, Compliance and Validation teams, as well as Customer IT, QA, and Validation teams.
- Setting timelines, milestones, and budgets.
- Establish and lead the internal operational team and customer facing operational team of stakeholders to meet, review, and report on all aspects of project specific action items and provide direct connection to PKI back-office teams.
- Monitor progress of activities and budget time against project plan. Determining, and ensuring appropriate action upon critical path tasks.
- Drive decision making, inside and outside of the team. Identifying and ensuring resolution of conflicts and problems.
- Continuously seeking process improvement and implementation. Ensuring quality and compliance throughout the development process.
- Ensure scope consistency of projects.
- Established risk management plan with customer.
- Establish and maintain clear communication channels to provide full transparency throughout the project.
- Participate in standard internal reporting forums, escalating project issues, project updates, accomplishments, risks, future actions.
- Identify opportunities for process and quality improvements.
- High expectation to participate in sharing of lessons learned and best practices for all project implementation activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Business Management;
- Minimum of 2-3years in Project Management for a Pharmaceutical Lab, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, or similar environment in a Validated Environment.
- Experience in PC, software, and scientific instrument ordering.
- Master’s in Business Management preferred. (PMI Certification recommended).
- PM certification (CAPM, PMI, PMP, PRINCE2) recommended.
- Minimum of 2-3years in Project Management for a Pharmaceutic
- Successful candidate must possess “a leadership presence” at all times, but most especially, during remote/conference call meetings.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and motivated. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, experience with customer interaction.
- Ability to influence cross functional teams and various levels of professionals.
- Excellent teaming skills: an upbeat, collegial, can-do attitude is a “must have”.
- Proven operational strength to visualize, identify and implement processes.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with a strong bias for action.
- Track record of developing, executing, and driving planned initiative
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Power Point and Project.
- Client Site/Remote
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”