Software Service Specialist
Boston, Massachusetts | Albany, New York | Annapolis, Maryland | Atlanta, Georgia | Augusta, Maine | Austin, Texas | Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Bismarck, North Dakota | Boise, Idaho | Carson City, Nevada | Charleston, West Virginia | , Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Boston, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-030030
This role can be performed remotely 100%
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 16,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and executes application build, software deployment and implementation for commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS), Electronic Laboratory Notebook, LIMS or Nugenesis via JIRA.
- Software project management – develop a schedule and manage the technical components of the project in accordance with design and build, technical partners and vendors.
- Technical analysis – learn, understand, and document all technical aspects of the project in accordance with GxP Validation requirements and other lab-specific requirements.
- Configuration specialist – configure commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS), Electronic Laboratory Notebook, LIMS and/or Nugenesis pre-built components and develop custom (where necessary) to meet business requirements as defined by the project.
- Generate documentation in accordance with corporate and GxP SDLC practices for all technical related aspects of the implementation including but not limited to Risk Assessments, Technical Design Specification, Functional Specification, User Requirements, Traceability Matrix, System Test Plans, Backup and Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Work with the Business Analyst to develop training materials for application use, and in lab workflows.
- Administer and troubleshoot research applications via ServiceNow service management tool.
- Write change controls as required per implementation of system products.
- Sets work expectations with customers and delivers to them.
- Bachelor's degree with two+ years software experience.
- 2 years experience in the implementation and operation of an commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS), Electronic Laboratory Notebook, LIMS and/or Nugenesis installation in a corporate infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Information Technology/Management.
- Extensive, detailed knowledge of software build and deployment in a matrixed, shared services environment, as well as development life cycles.
- Experience in customer consulting, team player, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Electronic Lab Notebooks, LIMS and/or Nugenesis installation and operation.
- Project management experience, specifically with service and project management tools (i.e. ServiceNow and Jira).
- Experience working in a GxP environment.
- Experience in Office 365.
- Experience in Life Sciences industry.
- Ability to travel by air, vehicle and/or other means of transportation as business requires, up to 10%.
- Must be able to remains in a stationary position more than 25% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside and outside labs.
- Frequently operate on instruments, objects, tools or controls, which will require regularly bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the instrument), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Regularly operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage.
- Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Parental Leave.
- Adoption Assistance.
- Dynamic corporate culture that is collaborative and diverse.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
In order to set expectations and to the extent permitted by applicable law, please note that if an applicant is hired for this position, the applicant will be required to prove that the applicant has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to any qualified religious or medical exemptions. Please note that the employer reserves its rights to mandate additional vaccine requirements at any time.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”