Raleigh, North Carolina
ResponsibilitiesLocation Raleigh, North CarolinaUS Job ID JR-020687
This role will report up to Leadership based in Pittsburg, PA but the physical work location will be North Carolina.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer is seeking a Supervisor, Lab Services who will perform clinical laboratory tests, procedures and analysis to provide data for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease in newborns.
- Manages day to day laboratory operations and staffing.
- Prepares specimens for analysis and organizes tests to be performed.
- Prepares and properly labels reagents required for laboratory testing
- Conducts analysis of dried blood spots or body fluid to determine presence of normal and abnormal components.
- Reviews test results, QC results, maintains legible work records, and enters findings into the laboratory information systems.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure
- Verifies proper instrument function by checking and calibrating lab instruments and documents data.
- Records on instrument log any repairs, replacement and maintenance performed on laboratory instruments.
- Participates, as requested, in the training of new employees.
- Abides by laboratory safety policies and procedures.
- The list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be substituted as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution.
- 4 years clinical laboratory experience.
- Previous experience managing individuals in a laboratory environment.
- Clinical lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear protective lab gear including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Weekend rotation may be required.
- Some travel may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab. Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."