Director, Quality AssuranceApply Now
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Duluth, GA
Responsible for managing and overseeing the Quality and Compliance for the global PerkinElmer Genomics Laboratories. This person is the leader responsible for the Quality Assurance and Compliance function of the PerkinElmer Laboratories, ensuring compliance to applicable regulations; Service Laboratories (CLIA/ CAP/ ISO, State level licenses). Reporting to this role are the Quality leads at each of PerkinElmer’s Genomics Laboratories locations (Pittsburgh, PA; Branford, CT; Chengdu, China; Taicang, China; Chennai, India; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Sollentuna, Sweden).
This position reports to the VP and Chief Scientific Officer of PerkinElmer Genomics. This position is based out of PerkinElmer Genomics Pittsburgh location.
Partner with Senior Management to maintain the quality management system components necessary to successfully maintain PerkinElmer Genomics laboratory services in good compliance standing.
- Manage, mentor and coach regulatory and service lab staff on CLIA, CAP, NYSDOH, ISO regulations for laboratories.
- Coordinate and lead corporate compliance as applicable to the laboratories
- Work with operation leadership to manage and provide vision and leadership to the quality organizations at all of the lab services locations.
- Serve as Data Protection Officer (DPO) ensuring compliance with GDPR and similar data and client privacy regulations.
- Provide and facilitate communication between the lab services quality organization and cross-functional teams to ensure quality and compliance objectives are met.
- Establish and drive quality initiatives for all lab services organizations and where possible create consistent practices amongst all labs.
- Manage routine QMR process, and support Diagnostics BE QMR process
- In conjunction with the Diagnostics BE Regulatory department, work to facilitate domestic and international regulatory requirements
- Work with sites to prepare for and participate in inspections and audits.
- Set quality objectives and metrics for labs and assist with achieving goals.
- Monitor emerging regulations or market expansion regulations that affect lab functions and work
- with sites to remain / gain compliance with those regulations.
- Collect and analyze data required by regulatory agencies and by internal requirements.
- Ensure each site has an effective training program and maintains compliance with regulations
- Perform internal audits of lab services sites as well as customer audits as necessary.
- Ensure sites maintain and perform to an internal audit schedule and assist with corrective actions as necessary.
- Respond to and maintain oversight of audit finding remediation
- As needed, apply continuous improvement principles for system optimization
- Monitor performance and progress against documented objectives
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences or related disciplines
- Minimum of eight years of clinical laboratory quality and compliance experience with an understanding of laboratory techniques such as DNA Sequencing in a commercial, academic, or government laboratory.
- The preferred individual is certified in one or more quality-related disciplines, e.g., ASCP
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently under pressure of deadlines and a fast paced, high throughput team environment.
- Strong project management skills a must – with respect to submission of validation documentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience leading and managing a diverse team of individuals with a proven track record of successful outcomes.
- Acts with honesty, integrity and a strong code of ethics at all times.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams