Clinical Laboratory Supervisor (Night shift: 10:00PM - 6:30AM)
ResponsibilitiesLocation Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaUS Job ID JR-021093
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer s seeking a Clinical Laboratory Supervisor who will direct and coordinate the laboratory support staff and maintains an adequate inventory of research lab glassware, materials and laboratory equipment.
- Adhere to proper resource allocation and coordination. Ensuring maximum efficiency in the use of personnel; controlling departmental supply expenses. Manage and share daily workload; use time wisely, providing a productive atmosphere.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of test methodologies and quality control.
- Monitor specimen preparation and test analyses to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance (external and internal quality controls) are maintained.
- Ensure all instrument maintenance is performed and documented; administer all established quality control procedures and troubleshoot instruments effectively when appropriate.
- Assist in the review, interpretation and reporting of test results.
- Assure that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the established performance specifications.
- Perform routine IQ/OQ/PQ and 6 month Intersystem runs.
- Provide orientation and training to all testing personnel.
- Perform, evaluate and document employee competency.
- Perform, evaluate and document employee performance appraisals.
- Develop, write, review and implement procedures and policies, as approved by Director or Manager.
- Assures laboratory functions in a manner consistent with laboratory, CLIA and local regulations.
- Prepare laboratory for inspections and prepare reports as needed.
- Demonstrate technical expertise and perform duties of clinical laboratory technologist, as needed.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
- Maintain good communication with leadership, team members, and customers.
- Demonstrate an awareness of client expectations and seek ways to satisfy.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all laboratory computer related tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must meet qualifications established by CLIA for General Supervisor CFR Subpart M §493.1461
- Bachelors Degree in chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology AND
- Have 7+ years of clinical laboratory training or experience, or both in high complexity testing
- Previous Supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory setting highly desired
- Hands on technical expertise in clinical laboratory testing highly desired
- Experience with high throughput sample testing highly desired
- Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired
- Clinical Laboratory environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Weekend rotation may be required.
- Travel is not required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab.
- Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds
Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”