Field Service Engineer, Analytical Instrumentation-Tucson, AZ
ResponsibilitiesLocation Tucson, ArizonaUS Job ID JR-015725
Come see what it's like to work for a global leader that helps make the world a healthier place.
PerkinElmer’s purpose is to enable scientists, researchers, and clinicians to address their most critical challenges across science and healthcare. With a mission focused on innovating for a healthier world, we deliver unique solutions to serve the diagnostics, life sciences, food and environmental markets. Every day, PerkinElmer Service Engineers help their customers enhance the productivity of their laboratory processes and drive high levels of satisfaction by delivering expert customer support. As a Service Team Member, you will represent the face of PerkinElmer and drive best-in-class customer service, responsiveness, and professionalism. Must have the ability to travel by air, vehicle and/or other means of transportation as business requires and have a valid Driver's License.
In this position you will be working on AA/ICP/ICPMS.
Enhance the Customer Experience
- Install, maintain, validate and repair PerkinElmer and/or multivendor instrumentation at customer sites with best-in-class service
- Provide scheduled and unscheduled corrective maintenance for customers including warranty services within a prescribed time frame and established maintenance protocols
- Deliver customer familiarization for instrument operation and maintenance
- Communicate service offerings including training, support, software, laboratory services products and field upgrades
- Partner with our customers to understand their analytical workflow and applications
Support your Team
- Support the local instrument sales representative(s) to help secure new instrument orders
- Provide service that helps to drive the sale of new service agreements, service agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing service contracts
- Display exceptional written and verbal communication skills and actively interface with peers and customers
- Develop organizational awareness of other functional groups and product lines
Drive Organizational Growth
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the installation, warranty, and service agreement documentation standards
- Contribute to account profitability through efficient execution and service delivery
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required service data to ensure the integrity of service system(s)
- Maintain assigned assets including: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment (MTE), telecommunication equipment, assigned service parts inventory, etc.
- Proactively develop technical and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer’s value proposition to the customer
- Enhance PerkinElmer’s product quality by proactively reporting improvement opportunities via the quality notification process
- Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development offerings
- Complete all administrative tasks to include but not limited to time reporting, assigned training, etc.
- Associates Degree in Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline including military experience OR
- 2 plus years of demonstrated experience in troubleshooting, repairing, installing, and providing qualification services on instrumentation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience using Microsoft 365
- 2+ years of laboratory and/or field service experience
- Exposure to analytical equipment, laboratory environment, and/or instrument control software
- Vendor issued certification on relevant laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer’s site safety code
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong team player with customer satisfaction focus
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals, work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, radiologic, and biologic hazards using universal precautions
- Ability to operate personal computer to enter data and generate reports, ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, managers, customers, and other technical support professionals is critical to successful performance in this role
- The physical demands defined are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: The employee will regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
The physical demands defined are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: The employee will regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."