Program ManagerApply Now
- Philadelphia, PA
We are looking for a tri- talented Program Manager. The candidate must be a seasoned PM, as well as a dependable account manager and a program ambassador / diplomat, comfortable in a fast paced environment, balancing multiple, complex, global accounts and projects.
The 4 key attributes are: leadership, exceptional work ethic, attention to detail and to be polished with customers.
The goal for the successful candidate is to become established as a primary point of contact for one or multiple OneSource accounts, from first customer contact during the RFP development through the program life cycle. A customer account may have multiple sites, across multiple geographies.
Ideal candidates should have a combination of professional experiences, academic achievement, proficiency in a variety of tools and applications with expertise in excel, and an ability to “make the complex simple” for our internal and external customers and stakeholders. They should possess “a leadership presence” at all times, but most especially, during conference call meetings. Being an energetic, engaged & common sense leader and having the team feel that leadership is a highly preferred.
- Establish and lead monthly or quarterly Program Management Meetings with the customer and global PerkinElmer team, ensuring that schedule, scope, change management, financials and KPIs are all reviewed.
- Point of contact for issue escalation for the PerkinElmer team, point of contact for escalated issues from the customer.
- Act as the single point of contact for the customer program sponsors ( Procurement, executive operations leadership).
- Escalate performance issues and program help needed requests to PerkinElmer senior leadership or the customer, as appropriate.
- Conduct weekly program management meetings with internal PerkinElmer team to manage the program.
- Create and maintain a culture for the program that is built on honesty, hard work, commitment to the customer, and growing the business by executing the business.
- Support and coordinate activities for new sites joining the program, and sites being removed from the program.
- Ensure consistency of PerkinElmer processes and best practices across all global sites.
- Push customer initiatives with the internal team that are not being addressed in a timely manor.
- Maintain oversight and track special projects that arise, ensuring the scope is met and customer satisfaction objectives achieved.
- Assist customer in progressing critical initiatives that require PerkinElmer regional assistance.
- Identify and propose “Win-Win” scenarios to issues and opportunities as they arise, with the larger program health considered.
- Liaise with back office functions to ensure PerkinElmer field team is properly supported.
- Conduct weekly meeting with customer counterpart, ensuring that he/she is aware of help needed and issues in work.
- Provide overarching OneSource program leadership and management, starting in the program sales cycle, acting in a supporting role for the field leadership.
- Responsible to lead all aspects of the standard OneSource program implementation work breakdown structure, including scientific instrument inventories at customer site and data management to move the customer information into the PE database.
- Support the development of Statements of Work, Service Level Agreements, and Master Service Agreements, ensuring proposed contracts are executable.
- Working with field service, customer and metrics and business analyst, establish metrics and KPI reporting format and cadence. Set business review schedules and identify participants and format. Provide support to the field leadership to develop and deliver the reviews.
- Establish and lead the internal operational team and customer facing operational team of program stakeholders to meet, review, and report on all aspects of program specific action items and continuous improvement projects to ensure smooth program operation and provide crisp connection to PKI back office teams.
- Develop processes that correlate with the customer’s requirements for all aspects of the OS program, including invoicing, change control, opportunities to expand program scope, delivery of entitlements, managing service providers, and leveraging links into the customer’s internal communication processes.
- Leadership role in identifying and leading continuous improvement of operational performance and processes.
- This role works closely with field based staff located on-site (at the customer location) and on-hand staff (located regionally), OneSource Support Center staff, OneSource Contracts staff, field service leaders, finance, quality, logistics and procurement around all aspects that lead to the success of OneSource program operations to deliver cost savings, increased productivity and high customer satisfaction, providing optimized laboratory solutions to help customers achieve their financial, operational and scientific goals.
- 3-5 years' experience as a Program Manager, or 5+ years experience in a Sr. Project Manager role.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years' experience managing global teams in a matrix environment.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite of applications, especially Microsoft Excel, as well as PowerPoint & Word.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Being an energetic, engaged & common sense leader and having the team feel that leadership.
- Written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Team Management skills with an upbeat, collegiate, can-do attitude
- Other Database and application skills, especially SAP, SQL, and any business process mapping applications are desired.
- Project Management Professional Certification or demonstrable experience.
- Someone with the ability to suggest solutions to problems in parallel with escalating issues is important.
- MS Project knowledge is a plus!
- Successful candidate must possess “a leadership presence” at all times, but most especially, during remote/conference call meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated high level work ethic and organizational skills.
PerkinElmer Core Values
At PerkinElmer our values represent what we embrace as a company and as employees and how we engage in the actions we take every day. They are the guiding principles for everything we do—interacting with customers, suppliers, shareholders, community; setting standards and measuring our performance; developing ourselves and others; and generating ideas and solutions.
Our values encourage our ingenuity, activate our passion and inspire our actions, as we always strive to find new ways to make our work environment and our work product better, and CREATE.
COMMITTED TO CUSTOMERS
We understand, prioritize and problem-solve for the needs of those we serve and the challenges they face. This means taking on a customer--internal and external--orientation and perspective and designing solutions with the customer in mind.
Consistent delivery of critical results and a relentless effort to meet all commitments--internal and external. This means driving ambitious but realistic results; doing what it takes to achieve high performance and competitive excellence. Results focus is demonstrated through persistence, commitment and follow through while maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity.
ETHICS & INTEGRITY
A thoughtful mentality applied with the highest ethical standards allows us to make deliberate decisions and smart choices with the utmost integrity at all times. This core value underlies what it means to "live the values," providing a consistent role model of principled and ethical behavior, and always seeking to "do the right thing."
We think and do because our expert knowledge combined with our bias for action yields a powerful combination that continues to set us apart. This means making decisions in a timely fashion, being proactive and constantly looking for better solutions.
We actively engage and involve others to build solutions that reflect the sum of our collective talents and in the process bring out the best in all of us. This means supporting and inspiring others based on the belief that everyone at PerkinElmer can produce the best outcomes through.
Curiosity fuels our engines and ideas keep them running on our endless quest to find new ways to do things better. This means demonstrating a drive to implement new ideas and innovation, take calculated risks and think outside the box. Collaboration and integrating different perspectives, talents and experiences
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams