Research Specialist, High Throughput Purification
Pennington Reserve at Upper Providence, Pennsylvania
ResponsibilitiesLocation Upper Providence, PennsylvaniaUS Job ID REQ-050411
- Demonstrated working familiarity with several different analytical and preparative techniques (LC-MS, OA, HPLC and NMR).
- The colleague must be able to interact effectively with peers and leaders as part of a multi-disciplinary team and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Use basic preparative instrumentation and perform routine maintenance and simple repair on the equipment.
- Analyze up to 20 samples per day. This includes submission review, method development, prep and purification steps, fractions gathering, analytics testing and reporting.
- Operate the Sirius liquid handler and become proficient in its operation and programming.
- Assist in set-up and operation of the CAPS hardware and software.
- Assist in managing the workflow within the group.
- Analyze chromatographic data and make decisions for follow up experiments.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and effective interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time
Basic Qualification: (Required Education & Experience)
- Bachelor's of Science
- 3+ years of experience in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or a similar scientific discipline.
- Demonstrated working familiarity with Mass Directed Auto-Purify system, and UV-Based EZ Prep instrumentation.
- Proficient in analytical method development and preparative chromatography in small molecule pharmaceuticals.
- Ability to conduct high throughput purification work from crude sample analysis, method selection, purification, quality control to registration and distribution of the purified sample by reverse phase HPLC.
- Experience with lab automation and compound distribution logistics.
- Experience in problem-solving skills and instrument troubleshooting regarding Prep HPLC, Analytical LC-MS, and liquid handler automation.
- Awareness of Agilent, Waters ,Shimadzu and Teledyne ISCO analytical and preparative chromatography systems.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, especially adherence to laboratory notebook practices.
- Experience with a wide-variety of software and information systems (e.g. Waters Open-Access, Fractionlynx, Masslynx, and Openlynx software)
- Must be able to remains in a stationary position more than 25% of the time
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside and outside labs
- Frequently operate on instruments, objects, tools or controls, which will require regularly bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Regularly move or lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally move or lift up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the instrument), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."