Services General Manager – Enterprise Account
Paris, France | Mechelen, Belgium | Oftringen, Switzerland | Villebon-sur-Yvette, France | Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Paris, ParisFR Job ID JR-035192
The Services General Manager will be accountable for the leadership, strategy, performance, and overall governance for the PerkinElmer OneSource program at a given large global Enterprise Account. The Services General Manager will lead, build and develop a world class team to deliver on the contractual terms and support PerkinElmer’s OneSource Enterprise Service program with the customer. Working collaboratively with the territory field service teams and functional partners, the Services General Manager will lead and execute initiatives to deliver growth and margin performance expectations as well as customer expectations in alignment with the legal documents.
- Ensure operational performance metrics are met per agreement
- Define and lead execution of account growth and margin expansion actions
- Partner with Service Operations regarding service part planning, procurement and inventory management process
- Identify and leverage service delivery and customer care best practices, processes and procedures across account sites and geographies. Drive standardization as appropriate and in collaboration with Functional and Business teams
- Analyze and effectively articulate account data to identify process gaps and work with functions to implement root cause corrective/preventative actions
- Develop and execute strategy to successfully and consistently implement/on-board new personnel and support expansion of existing program in the most efficient/effective manner.
- Leverage tools and global best practices to support program expansions and existing program including but not limited to: inventory tools, contractual documentation (Master Services Agreement, Statement of Work), Move/Add/Change process. Provide feedback on tools to functional owners regarding new customer requirements.
- Lead partnership with organization to establish communication, governance and reporting schedules in order to measure success against customer expectations and contractual terms.
- Interact with field, customer, and client personnel & visit customer sites to better understand their laboratory goals, challenges and identify opportunities to deliver incremental value, improving business outcomes for our customer. Provide this feedback to Business leadership.
- Drive collaboration across the OneSource business team to implement processes to maximize customer lifetime value & customer satisfaction. Effectively serve as the point of escalation to the program management function across internal teams, ensuring effective and consistent service delivery.
- Enable opportunities for the OneSource Commercial personnel to expand customer relationships both during the contact term & renewal process.
- Work with Functional and Business teams to build and execute plans regarding Manage to Passthrough, Manage to Maintain, and strategies regarding third party vendor management.
- Accountable for account specific human capital management to maximize revenue and margin potential for the business while maintaining and improving customer satisfaction
- Accountable for positive leadership and culture through ongoing direction, coaching, and career development of colleagues
- Promote a safe working environment and ensures compliance with applicable EHS policies and procedures.
- Comply with applicable PerkinElmer and client Quality policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with Quality to identify, characterize and act to eliminate/prevent field defects resulting from products, process and personnel.
- Global travel up to 25% to customer locations, conferences, internal meetings, etc.
- B.S. or B.A. in business management, finance, communications, economics or equivalent required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 15 years professional experience
- 10+ years in functional business operations role – customer care, continuous improvement, program management
- Experience in field service and/or service operations
- Proven results in current role
- Experience and demonstrated success with executive customer negotiations and business reviews
- Working knowledge of different ERP systems (SAP, Maximo, etc.)
- Six sigma/continuous improvement experience – certification preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead a team and work independently
- Understanding of customer care support processes, systems and performance metrics
- Excellent motivational, communication (oral/written), presentation and influencing skills
- Excellent critical thinking/ analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong track record of leadership in a matrix environment - demonstrated ability to drive change within global and cross-functional teams to achieve concurrence and impact
Bias for Action
- Ability to translate the account plan into a solid delivery model
- Measures and uses data to appropriately assess, adapt, and change the model when necessary.
- Has the ability to take corrective action quickly and decisively.
- Deliver results - can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Builds voice of the customer feedback into all strategies and plans. Considers impact of all actions on current and future customers, including regulatory bodies). Establishes a culture of quality and customer excellence throughout the organization.
- Proactively solicits and responds to feedback and input from the client.
- Command skills – courage to take unpopular stand as necessary, encourages healthy debate but is decisive; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces adversity head on; energized by tough challenges
- Managerial courage – provides timely, actionable feedback; addresses people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; takes action in a timely manner.
- Create a result oriented environment facilitating the accomplishment of individual and team commitments.
- Encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions respecting individuals and cultures.
- Uses multiple resources to identify and solve difficult problems by providing effective solutions.
- Proactive identification of problems and concerns; ability to provide this feedback to key individuals
Vision and Purpose
- Ability to understand our short term and long-term strategy
PerkinElmer is an equal opportunity employer.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."