Field Application Scientist, Research Informatics - Remote
Italy | Finland | Poland | Belgium | Spain | France | Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Milan, MilanoIT Job ID JR-027846
As Field Application Specialist (f/m) you are responsible for maximizing the company’s commercial success within a given geographical territory (EMEA) by specializing in products that emphasize PerkinElmer's Informatics capabilities.
You will work with the regional marketing team in the territory to promote world-class products and by packaging, positioning and promoting those products through our Field Sales organization you will help to increase our market share.
- Execute custom/highly configured software demonstrations in support of pre-sales activity
- Collaborate with all Field Team members to develop and deploy world-class systems and tools and provide front-line support to sales as the product specialist in the responsible region
- Execute pre-sales pilots, workshops, workshops and evaluations
- Supplemental support of canned demonstrations as required in the territory
- Provide RFI/RFP support for product area
- Deliver product training to field (marketing & sales) as new features/functionality is available for designated product and domain specialty
- Coordinate with Product Management to identify, communicate, and incorporate new product enhancements and also with the Services team to insure we deliver competitive solutions that are differentiated through value as perceived by our customers.
- Characterize the external market by performing pipeline analysis and competitive assessments for region and scientific domain
- Coordinate with Marketing Communications organization to develop and participate in marketing campaign design and execution as needed
- Ph.D. or M.S. (with experience) in chemistry, biology
- Relevant experience in cheminformatics or bioinformatics
- knowledge of scripting languages and RESTful APIs desirable
- Industrial experience in drug discovery is highly desirable
- Substantial use of scientific applications required, particularly analytics platforms, API
- Experience in selling enterprise software
- Experience with PerkinElmer Informatics suite of products and solutions is highly desirable
- 5+ years’ experience working in customer facing roles required
- Up to 50% travel required in EMEA
- Punctual, meticulous, reliable and courteous manners with the public
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”