Laboratory Instrument Services (LIS) Coordinator
ResponsibilitiesLocation Olympia, WashingtonUS Job ID JR-024184
Job Title: Laboratory Instrument Services (LIS) Coordinator
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Assist all site-based personnel and customers with the following:
- Compile and assemble program governance documentation per agreed cadence, in preparation for review with customer. Documentation may include instrument inventory list, program financials, KPI’s/metrics, etc.
- Ad Hoc reports
- Maintain savings tracker
- Manage, control and audit site-based instrument spare parts inventory
- General communication / escalation with customers regarding the OneSource program
Instrument Inventory Integrity:
Assist all site-based personnel, internal back office staff and customers to ensure instrument inventory integrity within the data base, by the following:
- Conduct instrument inventory sweeps of all instruments on an annual basis.
- Conduct spot checks of instrument inventory
- Identify changes to instrument inventory, work with site staff and customers to document changes and compile change control documentation (ex.: instrument manufacturer, model, serial number, location, owner, etc.).
- Work with customer and site-based personnel to ensure correct instrument entitlements and financial impact.
- Provide timely information to Workflow Specialists, through the change control process, to update the SAP data base due to instrument inventory changes (MAC process)
- Ability to articulate with technically oriented people, quickly establish rapport, gain their confidence, respect and trust.
- Communicate timely program information internally.
- Discuss troubleshooting/repair situations with customers, in a professional, cost effective manner, utilizing poise, tact and diplomacy to obtain cooperation and results.
- Escalate problems to manager or the appropriate program leader or customer program contact for strategy development and participation as appropriate.
- Follow up to ensure that all questions/requests/customer commitments are responded to or resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Meet OEM or TPV service engineers at customer points of entry, confirm reason for site visit.
- Verify required customer health and safety requirements for site entry have been completed by engineer.
- Escort the engineer to the equipment location and hand off to customer equipment owner/user.
- Upon completion of the service event, escort the engineer back to the customer entry point and obtain a copy of the service report prior to engineer departure.
- Associate Degree,
- 3+ years of experience in a team-based customer service environment.
- B.A/B.S. Degree
- Ability to work effectively in a team and individually; organized with good time management skills.
- Bias for action and high level of commitment to customer.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency using software for word processing, email, order entry, and others as required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in SAP, Service Max.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”