Lab Computing Analyst
ResponsibilitiesLocation Olympia, WashingtonUS Job ID JR-031007
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements, monitors and provides technical support of customer laboratory IT environments, typically integrated with instrumentation.
- Recommends customer specified benchtop computing design and processes in conjunction with vendor.
- Administers and assures connectivity of customer’s systems.
- Develops, documents, and conducts periodic inventories of client systems while sharing significant knowledge of the operating system, desktop hardware and peripherals, enterprise print strategy, management tools, application packaging, desktop tool development, software distribution, and core desktop applications.
- Manage on-boarding, retirement and relocation of equipment.
- Implements system-level security, including but not limited to: user / group permissions, file / folder permissions, group policies, local security policies.
- Analyzes, identifies, and implements enhancements, upgrades and/or solutions to improve the overall support of the desktop platform in a timely manner.
- Ensures adherence to client’s corporate policies through periodic reporting and compliance programs.
- Acts as the technical support contact for vendors, repairing and troubleshooting client instrument and information technology issues.
- Document procedures, policies, troubleshooting and best practices.
- Create and maintain a physical inventory of lab equipment, PC’s, software and any other information pertinent to the environment.
- Escalates IT issues that are not resolved via regularly identified support channels.
- Acts as an interface between client, business and corporate IT teams Participates in client team meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2+ years of IT support experience
- Associate degree and 4+ years’ IT support experience
- High School Degree and 6+ years of IT support experience
- Experience providing IT support in a laboratory environment.
- Experience providing IT support in a regulated or validated environment (GxP)
- Win7 and Win10 operating systems knowledge.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, and LAN/WAN networks, subnetting and basic network concepts.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow ticketing system (or equivalent).
- Imaging or sysprep experience.
- Remote desktop/remote support software experience for technical troubleshooting.
- Experience supporting Office 2016 and O365.
- Microsoft Teams/web conferencing services.
- Data storage and Windows permissions structure.
- Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests,
- Ability to troubleshoot complex instrument and technology issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed timeframes.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or customer’s site safety code.
- Contributing to Team Success - actively participate as member of a team to move the group toward the completion of goals.
- Customer Focus - ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities, crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Managing Work/Time Management - Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- User & Customer Support - provide a range of services offering assistance and technical support to help users implement and solve problems related to computer technology.
- Security and Data Integrity - support the standards, issues, and applications used to protect information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction.
- Networks & Mobility - the processes, hardware, and software employed to facilitate communication between computer systems and devices.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 25% of the time, and move and work inside and outside of the lab.
- Frequently operate on objects, tools. or controls, which will require regularly bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Regularly move or lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally move or lift up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the instrument), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Regularly operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”