Discovery Reagent Sales Specialist
Olympia, Washington | Remote
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Olympia, Washington, Remote Status Regular Job ID JR-033291
Position: Discovery Reagent Sales Specialist – Seattle, WA
PerkinElmer is seeking a Discovery Reagent Sales Specialist with drive, passion, and a competitive spirit to be part of PerkinElmer’s commercial team. This role will specialize in sales and support of our Discovery Reagents products and services. The candidate should understand customer needs in the drug discovery process and in therapeutic-area research.
We are looking for a team player with a passion to win. The territory for this position is the Seattle, WA region.
What We Provide
PerkinElmer provides our customers with critical knowledge, disruptive chemistries, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
The Discovery Reagents Team
PerkinElmer’s Discovery Reagents team services the Pharmaceutical, Academic, Biotechnology, and CRO end markets. Solutions include AlphaLISA, HTRF / TR-FRET, and DELFIA immunoassays. The team also provides a wide array of microplates and Luciferase reagents.
- Complete Territory Management: Manage all business activity for the assigned products and services in the assigned territory.
- Achieve and/or exceed Sales Targets year over year across specified PerkinElmer Product Lines.
- Ability to communicate the PerkinElmer vision across various scientific workflows and applications.
- Business Reviews with the Regional Manager.
- Ability to plan and maintain an accurate territory forecast.
- Build long-term relationships with customers, including key opinion leaders.
- Make existing and new customers aware of product initiatives.
- Ability to present and demonstrate product benefits and scientific value to customers.
- Ability to assist in assay optimization and train new customers on relevant products.
- Organize and promote events at customer sites to market products and services.
- Participate in tradeshows/exhibitions/conferences.
- Build long-term account strategies to grow business within the territory.
- Coordinate with PerkinElmer Product Management to identify, communicate, and incorporate new product enhancements.
- Work with other sales teams and business functions to promote PerkinElmer solutions.
- BS in the life sciences.
- 5+ years in a laboratory setting performing drug discovery research, HTS, immunoassays and assay development, and a focus on microplate-based applications.
- Masters and/or PHD Preferred.
- Prior sales experience is a plus, but not mandatory (alternative experience may include Field Applications, Laboratory, Project/Product management, Marketing, or other functions in the Life Science industry).
- Strong communication skills, including writing emails (internal/external), effective communication in person and on the phone with a variety of personality types.
- Capacity to effectively provide consultation and pivot across Virtual and F2F selling models.
- Ability to work well cross-functionally and with a variety of business functions.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Is very well organized, stress resistant and versatile.
- Passion to stay current with new technologies and applications in the life science market
- Overnight travel for sales calls, conferences, and required training and sales meetings (about 5% travel).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel for the purposes of analyzing territory business trends.
- Experience with assay data analysis.
- Experience or ability to learn CRM (SFDC) analytical software and prospecting tools.
PerkinElmer Core Values
At PerkinElmer our values represent what we embrace as a company and as employees and how we engage in the actions we take every day. They are the guiding principles for everything we do—interacting with customers, suppliers, shareholders, community; setting standards and measuring our performance; developing ourselves and others; and generating ideas and solutions.
Our values encourage our ingenuity, activate our passion and inspire our actions, as we always strive to find new ways to make our work environment and our work product better, and CREATE.
COMMITTED TO CUSTOMERS
We understand, prioritize and problem-solve for the needs of those we serve and the challenges they face. This means taking on a customer--internal and external--orientation and perspective and designing solutions with the customer in mind.
Consistent delivery of critical results and a relentless effort to meet all commitments--internal and external. This means driving ambitious but realistic results; doing what it takes to achieve high performance and competitive excellence. Results focus is demonstrated through persistence, commitment and follow through while maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity.
ETHICS & INTEGRITY
A thoughtful mentality applied with the highest ethical standards allows us to make deliberate decisions and smart choices with the utmost integrity at all times. This core value underlies what it means to "live the values," providing a consistent role model of principled and ethical behavior, and always seeking to "do the right thing."
We think and do because our expert knowledge combined with our bias for action yields a powerful combination that continues to set us apart. This means making decisions in a timely fashion, being proactive and constantly looking for better solutions.
We actively engage and involve others to build solutions that reflect the sum of our collective talents and in the process bring out the best in all of us. This means supporting and inspiring others based on the belief that everyone at PerkinElmer can produce the best outcomes through
Curiosity fuels our engines and ideas keep them running on our endless quest to find new ways to do things better. This means demonstrating a drive to implement new ideas and innovation, take calculated risks and think outside the box.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams