Sign Out Manager
ResponsibilitiesLocation Newport, GB Job ID JR-DHSC0026
PerkinElmer is on the frontline of fighting Covid 19. Our complete workflows with standardized equipment and kits are available to help labs address their SARS-CoV-2 testing challenges. We are recruiting a Sign Out Manager for 6 month fixed term contracts at a new greenfield laboratory based in Newport.
Analyses RT PCR data generated by the clinical laboratory team to provide results of Covid 19 diagnosis.
- Interpret RT PCR Data and sign out reports.
- Leads and manages team of analysts ensuring quality of results.
- Acts a clinical expert leading review of queries and anomalies.
- Reviews test results, maintains legible work records, and enters findings into the laboratory information systems.
- Participates, as requested, in the training of new employees.
- Abides by laboratory safety policies and procedures.
- Advanced degree or certified by HCPC
- Band 7 NHS equivalent
- Scientific knowledge in molecular biology of infectious diseases/ genetic disorders
- Experience with high throughput sample testing
- 5+ years experience in clinical testing
- Experience in UK laboratory rules and regulations e.g. ISO 15189
- Proven ability in team leadership
- Able to work effectively and deliver on tight datelines
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Fixed term contract with competitive remuneration package
- Stimulating role in startup
- Purposeful & inspirational environment
- Access to cutting-edge expertise and solutions contributing to the wellbeing of the local community
- Being part of a highly qualified team that is committed to excellence
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."