ResponsibilitiesLocation Newport, GB Job ID JR-015129
PerkinElmer is on the frontline of fighting Covid 19. Our complete workflows with standardized equipment and kits are available to help labs address their SARS-CoV-2 testing challenges. We are recruiting staff for 6 month fixed term contracts at a new greenfield laboratory based in Newport.
Seeking full-time Clinical Laboratory Supervisors. This is an exciting opportunity for an independent, creative, service-oriented individual to help build clinical sequencing laboratory services.
- Directing daily high complexity laboratory operations including decision-making, response to problems, identifying errors and taking corrective actions;
- Demonstrating technical expertise.
- Contributing to good employee relationships and providing for staff development; performing employee performance appraisals.
- Adhering to proper resource allocation and coordination. Ensuring maximum efficiency in the use of personnel; controlling departmental supply expenses.
- Managing and sharing daily workload; using time wisely and providing a productive atmosphere.
- Demonstrating through knowledge of test methodologies and quality control
- Developing, writing, reviewing and implementing procedures and policies.
- Preparing laboratory for inspections and preparing reports as needed.
- Maintaining good communication with leadership, team members and customers;
- Demonstrating an awareness of client expectations and seeking ways to always satisfy.
- Demonstrating proficiency in all laboratory computer related tasks and providing training to employees as necessary.
- Ensuring all instrument maintenance is performed and documented; administering all established quality control procedures and troubleshooting instruments effectively when appropriate.
- Assisting in the review, interpretation and reporting of complex and routine test results.
- Assists in the development of new protocols in clinical research programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in biology or related scientific discipline and a
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical molecular experience.
- HCPC accreditation preferred
- Previous Supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
- Hands on technical expertise in Infectious Disease testing.
- Experience with high throughput sample testing esp with RNA Extraction
- Experience in UK lab rules and regulations e.g. ISO15189
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory. Weekend work may be required.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical applications and work independently under pressure of deadlines and a fast paced, high throughput team environment.
- Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Fixed term contract with competitive remuneration package
- Stimulating role in startup
- Purposeful & inspirational environment
- Access to cutting-edge expertise and solutions contributing to the wellbeing of the local community
- Being part of a highly qualified team that is committed to excellence
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."