United Kingdom | United Kingdom
ResponsibilitiesLocation Newport, GB Job ID JR-015126
PerkinElmer is on the frontline of fighting Covid 19. Our complete workflows with standardized equipment and kits are available to help labs address their SARS-CoV-2 testing challenges. We are recruiting Clinical Laboratory Managers for a 6-12 month fixed term contracts at a new greenfield laboratory based in Newport and another in Charnwood, nr Loughborough that will eventually run on a 24/7 schedule.
This is an exciting opportunity for an independent, creative, service-oriented individual to help build clinical sequencing laboratory services. The candidate will be responsible for daily supervision of a high throughput clinical laboratory including oversight of laboratory technologists, technical trouble-shooting validation and testing processes, reviewing lab results, developing and writing operational procedures, monitoring laboratory key performance indicators, quality metrics and the QC program, timely reporting of quality event reporting to the laboratory director and to quality management, and provide regulatory, due diligence and internal auditing support. Must have experience and be able to apply regulations to clinical diagnostic operations.
- Manage the daily operations of assigned laboratory personnel to ensure that specimens are properly shipped and received, tests are performed accurately and efficiently, and results are reported in a timely manner.
- Perform pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical test process and evaluate results produced relative to the diagnostic assessment.
- Evaluate data for accuracy and verify any questionable finding with proper documentation, thorough investigation, and appropriate follow-through.
- Assist with designing processes and procedures to ensure efficient turn-around time and accuracy of results.
- Prepare and manage laboratory budget.
- Coach and mentor staff on technical expertise and assist in evaluation of employee competencies.
- Engage in continuous process and service improvement. Make and implement recommendations to improve operational efficiency and implement new services for areas of responsibility.
- Requires strict adherence to quality control guidelines to ensure integrity of laboratory specimens and accuracy of results.
- Ensure all work is in accordance with state and Federal regulations, organizational policy, and accreditation/compliance requirements.
- Assist in maintaining CAP and other accreditation and regulatory agency standards and regulations.
- Performing bench work and other duties as required including shift work.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in biology or related scientific discipline and a
- Extensive experience of clinical molecular experience
- Previous Supervisory/Management experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control applications in clinical diagnostics
- Must be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical applications and work independently under pressure of deadlines and a fast paced, high throughput team environment.
- Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Fixed term contract with competitive remuneration package
- Stimulating role in startup
- Purposeful & inspirational environment
- Access to cutting-edge expertise and solutions contributing to the wellbeing of the local community
- Being part of a highly qualified team that is committed to excellence
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."