Country Leader - Laboratories
ResponsibilitiesLocation Newport, GB Job ID JR-015124
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
PerkinElmer is on the frontline of fighting Covid 19. Our complete workflows with standardized equipment and kits are available to help labs address their SARS-CoV-2 testing challenges. We are recruiting staff for a 12 month fixed term contracts at a new greenfield laboratories based in Newport, South Wales and another in the Midlands.
The Country Leader - Laboratories will hold responsibility for day to day running of two laboratories processing Covid-19 test samples on a 24/7 shift pattern. Reporting to the Country Leader – Laboratories will be the respective Site Leaders, Quality Manager and LIMS team.
The post holder will report directly to the GM Global Lab Operations and indirectly to VP & Chief Scientific Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage Site Managers and laboratory P&L.
- Manage the daily operations of assigned laboratory personnel to ensure that specimens are properly shipped and received.
- Ensure all work is in accordance with regulations, organizational policy and accreditation/compliance requirements
- Engage in continuous process and service improvement. Make and implement recommendations to improve operational efficiency and implement new services for areas of responsibility.
- Assist with designing processes and procedures to ensure efficient turn-around time and accuracy of results.
- Coach and mentor staff on technical expertise and assist in evaluation of employee competencies.
- Assist in maintaining ISO 15189, CAP and other accreditation and regulatory agency standards and regulations
- The role requires strict adherence to quality control guidelines to ensure integrity of laboratory specimens and accuracy of results
- PhD in biology or related scientific discipline with proven clinical molecular or infectious disease testing experience.
- Extensive (~15 years) experience in a laboratory showing development in leadership roles.
- Supervisory/Management experience in a clinical laboratory setting running large teams
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control applications in clinical diagnostics with knowledge of ISO 15189/CAP accreditation.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical applications and work independently under pressure of deadlines and a fast paced, high throughput team environment.
- Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired.
What we offer:
- Fixed term contract with competitive remuneration package
- Stimulating role in startup
- Purposeful & inspirational environment
- Access to cutting-edge expertise and solutions contributing to the wellbeing of the local community
- Being part of a highly qualified team that is committed to excellence
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."