Human Resources GeneralistApply Now
- Naperville, IL
Primary focus will be on supporting a remote workforce for the PerkinElmer Americas commercial organization.
- Provides guidance on complex employee relations matters including but not limited to; corrective action, coaching, flexible work arrangement, feedback and performance management
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Reporting and analytics to support workforce planning, attrition, new hire analytics, and supporting reports related to business needs
- First point of contact for Workday system related assistance or questions
- Project management of annual programs to include scheduling, execution, follow-up and employee support for compensation planning, performance reviews, etc.
- Support job description development, job leveling and evaluation. Supports managers in partnership with Talent Acquisition on the recruitment of talent including equity and compensation reviews to help ensure fair pay within the organization
- On/ Off-boarding, provide onboarding details, support, welcome letters. Help facilitate voluntary exits, involuntary separations, provides coaching to managers on onboarding & backfill process. Lead restructuring process. Prepare costing calculations for employment related actions, ensure points of contacts with employees are made for new employees & exits across full Americas Dx population
- Assist other colleagues, employees and managers as needed with the administration of leave of absences including FMLA, ADA and the interactive dialogue process; will generate letters in accordance with established templates.
- Participate in employee engagement initiatives across specified sites / locations
- Special Projects, assist HRBPs with organizational training initiatives, assist in the review and update of HR policy and procedures, participate on various committees as assigned and help with data auditing and other compliance needs for business.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources preferred
- Must have 0-2 years of strong generalist experience
- Effective presentation skills; Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Actively pursues continuous improvement in processes
- Professional demeanor and team player
- Solid understanding of employment laws, employee relations and employee engagement
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Workday HR system knowledge a plus; prior experience working with HRIS systems a must
- Flexible and adaptable to competing priorities
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams