Regional Sales Manager - East
Mountain Lakes, New Jersey | Albany, New York | Atlanta, Georgia | Harrisburg, Pennsylvania | Raleigh, North Carolina | Tallahassee, Florida | Washington, DC
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Mountain Lakes, New Jersey, Albany, New York, Atlanta, Georgia, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Raleigh, North Carolina, Tallahassee, Florida, Washington, DC Status Regular Job ID JR-031429
Location: Remote. Close proximity to major US airport in the Eastern time zone
Status: Full-time (40 hours/week).
EUROIMMUN US, a PerkinElmer company, manufactures, distributes and performs service and installation of in vitro diagnostic test kits and instruments used in the detection of autoimmunity, allergy, infectious diseases and antigen detection.
Reporting to the VP – US Commercial Operations, we are seeking a highly-motivated regional sales leader to manage and lead a EUROIMMUN US sales region to promote diagnostic products. The position will have revenue responsibility for regional laboratory accounts and manage a team of Laboratory Sales Specialists.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads team to achieve annual regional reagents & consumables and equipment sales quotas
- Develop, implements and manages tactical sales plans to achieve regional and sales goals
- Conducts regular territory business reviews with regional sales team and coaches them to exceed performance goals
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, mentoring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Provides regular and candid feedback through verbal and written coaching – including but not limited to field travel follow-up, mid-year and full year reviews
- Works cross-functionally to ensure internal resources support the sales process and ongoing customer service
- Reviews market analysis to determine customer needs, price schedules and discount rates
- Analyzes sales statistics to ensure the sales team is focused on the highest priority activities. Course corrects when necessary
- Delivers sales presentations and company overview to key customers in coordination with the sales team
- Meets with key customers and assists sales representatives with maintaining relationships, negotiating and closing deals
- Collaborates with cross-functional departments (e.g. marketing, scientific affairs and sales leadership) to provide important product and competitive feedback
- Analyzes and controls expenses to conform to budgetary requirements
- Represents EUROIMMUN at trade and scientific meetings to promote products
- Ability to travel at least 25% for field travel with their team, customer meetings and corporate meetings
- Live near a major US airport in the Eastern time zone.
- Bachelors' degree in Business, Life Sciences or other relevant field
- At least 7 years sales experience in the clinical diagnostics industry
- Prior sales management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently independently; as well as in a team-based environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiating skills
- Honesty, reliability and open-minded behavior with great sales strategy
- Strong people management skills including the ability to build and retain trust and maintain confidentiality
- Timeline/deadline driven work ethic
- Proactive, planning and exhibits high level of critical thinking abilities
- Enthusiastic demeanor with a “can-do attitude”
- Computer proficiency, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce.com or similar CRM reporting
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams