Mountain Lakes, New Jersey
ResponsibilitiesLocation Mountain Lakes, New JerseyUS Job ID JR-026007
EUROIMMUN US is a MDSAP registered, ISO 13485:2016, 21 CFR 820 compliant Medical device company that manufactures, distributes, and performs service and installation activities of in vitro diagnostic test kits and instruments used in the detection of autoimmune status, allergies, infectious diseases and antigen detection.
The incumbent for the position will be a valuable addition to the Manufacturing department to support the needs of the department. The incumbent will play an active role in daily production and packaging activities of the medical device(s) manufactured in the facility. Participate in various day to day activities within manufacturing department including but not limited to inventory management, production planning, production, in-process QC, packing, etc. All work responsibilities to be performed carefully and accurately to meet the high quality standard of the company.
The Production Lead will report to the Associate Director of Operations.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to,
- Lead a team of Production Technicians
- Supervise and lead the department to ensure that the customers’ demands are met
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and comply with all safety and regulatory requirements
- Operate production machines, participate in day-to-day production activities accurately following detailed work instructions, processes, and procedures.
- Report to management periodically on metrics and KPIs
- Identify quality and defects within process, product, or equipment
- Rectify instrument defects, work with internal engineers to address maintenance requirements and scheduling
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Maintain appropriate records and complete other production related paperwork
- Provide training to coworkers as needed
- Participate in internal audits, contribute to continuous improvement initiatives
- Assess departmental costs, identify cost-savings and present to Associate Director of Operations
- Track daily activities, production numbers and manage production goals
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years experiencing managing Production or Assembly teams
- Associate degree and 5 years experiencing managing Production or Assembly teams
- Manufacturing experience in a medical device environment is preferred; other relevant regulated manufacturing experience may be considered
- Understanding and experience with Quality Systems is preferred
- Proficient in SAP preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Programs (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to read and comprehend procedures written in English
- Good oral or written communication skills
- Keen attention to details and problem-solving skills; deadline driven work ethic
- Team players who perform well in a steady or fast paced environment
- Well-organized, ability to work efficiently and independently with minimum supervision
- Proactive, planning and exhibits high level of critical thinking abilities
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”