Field Service Engineer - Mount Olive, NJ
Mount Olive, New Jersey
ResponsibilitiesLocation Mount Olive, New JerseyUS Job ID JR-018084
PerkinElmer is seeking a qualified candidate to join the Service Team in our Diagnostics Business Unit. The individual will be responsible for supporting several testing labs in the greater New York City area.
The primary duties of the Customer Support Engineer are to install, maintain, verify performance and repair equipment at the customer site ensuring best-in-class service.
- Install, Maintain, and Repair all equipment at this customer site
- Act as primary Service liaison for this customer building a strong relationship ensuring their satisfaction
- Minimize downtime of all equipment onsite
- Keep area Service Manager and Area Sales Manager informed of all issues
- Manage due dates for all Preventive Maintenance Service Orders - Ensuring that all are completed on time
- Manage and complete all Service Order in a timely manner
- Order and maintain appropriate inventory to support the account
- Submit Quality Notifications in a timely manner
- Accountability for assigned company assets to include: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment, telecommunication equipment
- Complete company assigned training in a timely manner
- Report potential quality issues via the corrective action process.
- Travel 25%
- BS/BA in Chemistry,Biology, Engineering or other science related field with 2+ years of experience with installation, Preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, support and/or end user utilization of scientific instrumentation
- Or Associates Degree with 7+ years of experience with installation, Preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, support and/or end user utilization of scientific instrumentation
- Experience with Automate Liquid Handling, Micro-fluidics, and motion control systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose complex technical issues
- Strong electro-mechanical skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Valid Drivers License
- Experience in MS-Office products
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."