Genomic Testing Sales Consultant-Multiple Locations
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota | Madison, Wisconsin | , Remote
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota, Madison, Wisconsin, Remote Status Regular Job ID JR-021341
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
The PerkinElmer Genomics Sales Consultant (GSC) is responsible for the education and support of PerkinElmer Genomics’ (PEG) clientele regarding our clinical test offerings and the technology utilized to perform these offering to drive sales and increase revenue. Within a defined geographic territory, the GSC will be responsible for all levels of support for test ordering, specimen logistics and pricing. The GSC will interact with multiple internal teams such as Customer Service, Marketing, Finance, Scientific and Technology. The GSC will also be responsible for pursuing research opportunities with key clients.
- Educate and train our client base, in a defined territory, on our genomics testing menu and how our testing can help provide answers to the clinician and the patient.
- Meet/exceed annual sales growth goals.
- Analyze territory data to understand growth opportunities.
- Engage clients in clinical and technical conversation at scheduled meetings, on phone calls, over Teams, or via email communication.
- Travel an estimated 40%-50% of the time. Depending on the geography, this may include day trips as well as overnights throughout the territory.
- Travel will also include attending internal sales meetings as well as staffing regional and national conferences.
- Deliver meaningful presentations about the clinical utility of PEG’s genetic testing to clients and prospective clients.
- Recognize areas for improvement based on client interaction and voicing them back to management (new test options, training needs, marketing needs and educational needs)
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of genetic and/or diagnostic sales experience
- Master's degree
- 2+ years of successful Sales experience, Genetic Testing strongly preferred
- Background in genetic counseling and hands on clinical experience coupled with industry sales knowledge
- Regularly required to drive, fly, stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment.
- Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams